Private Ephesus Shore Excursion From Kusadasi
OverviewEnjoy a Private Ephesus shore excursion from port of Kusadasi. We will be providing a professional tour guide and driver.
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDuring Private Ephesus tour our first stop will be the Ephesus ancient city. The Ephesus visit together with your local Ephesus guide will be a walking tour taking you throughout one of the most surprising excavations in the world. You will see the Odeon,The Fountain of Trajan, Terrace houses, the baths of Scholastika, the temple of Hadrian and magnificient Celsius library . The library is adorned with columns and statues.
The Grand Theater, where Saint Paul preached, is a huge theater with a capacity of 24,000 seats. You will return to the bus through the Arcadian Way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession. The visit of Ephesus city will take approx 2 hours.
The next stop will be ST John's Basilica, It is believed that the evangelist St. John had spent his last years in the region around Ephesus and buried in the southern slope of Ayosolug Hill. Three hundred years after the death of St. John, a small chapel was constructed over the grave in the 4th century. The church of St John was changed into a marvelous basilica during the region of Emperor Justinian (527 -565 AD).
The next stop on the tour is the Temple of Artemis ( Diana, Artemission ), which was built in honour of the Greek Goddess of hunting, wild nature and fertility named Artemis.
The temple is counted as one of the Seven wonders of the ancient world and it used to be the largest marble temple in the ancient Greek world. The temple served as both a marketplace and religious institution. Nowadays you can see only a few remains of this magnificent structure. Your guide will describe its importance existed between the Romans and Christians.
At the end of the tour we offer to you a lunch (optional) and then we drive you back to Kusadasi port.
Inclusions for Private Ephesus Shore Excursion From Kusadasi
- Qualified Egyptology guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Private Ephesus Shore Excursion From Kusadasi
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.