Private Exclusive Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia To Best Of Rome
OverviewExclusive Best of Rome Shore TourEscape the crowded cruise line tours on this exclusive Best of Rome shore excursion. With a tour size of no more than15 guests (and often less) you will enjoy a very personalized experience that differs greatly from the 50-plus-person tours offered by the cruise lines.YourRome tourbegins when you are met at the cruise terminal (welcome sign when you disembark from your ship will be always UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN TOUR plus your NAME). Here you will climb aboard your air-conditioned vehicle for the 80-minute drive to Rome.
Know More about this tour
As you drive from the coast into the city, you will watch as the flat coastal area disappears and you gradually climb up through farms and orchards to reach the City of Seven Hills. When you arrive in Rome, you will first see Capitoline Hill located between the Forum and the Campus Martius.
Next you will visit the symbol of the Eternal City, the Roman Colosseum, where you will have time to buy the ticket to tour inside this masterpiece of classical architecture. The Colosseum is one of the most recognized monuments of ancient Rome, where gladiators, Christians and wild beasts once battled to the death in front of 50,000 spectators. You will have approximately 40 minutes of free time to sightsee. Nearby, the imposing triumphal Arch of Titus was erected in A.D. 81 by the Emperor Domitian in honor of the victories in battle of his brother and father in Judea.
Departing the Colosseum area, you will be driven byPalatine Hill, Circus Maximus, and the Victor Emanuel monumenton your way to the old section of Rome, where you will begin a walking tour. First, you will visit theTrevi Fountain. The fountain stands 85 feet high, 65 feet wide, and is the largest Baroque fountain in the city. A traditional legend holds that if visitors throw a coin with one's right hand over one's left shoulder into the Trevi Fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome. You will also visit thePantheon, an excellent example of ancient Roman architecture. It was built in A.D. 126 as a temple to all the gods of Ancient Rome. If time permits, you will also see Navano and Farnese Squares.
Time will be taken for a quick lunch on your own (we can suggest a great restaurant)
Your driver will next drive you to the world-famousVatican City. Along the way you will see theCastel of the Angels and Bernini's Bridgeof the Angels.At St. Peter's Square, you will have approximately 45 minutes of free time to visit St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica (the largest church in the world), or browse for souvenirs. SinceSt. Peter'sis extremely popular, please be aware that you may encounter lines to enter the Basilica.
After your visit to St. Peters, you will be driven back to your ship pier.
Please Note:Given the traffic in Rome, the itinerary may vary according to local conditions. Crowds are to be expected at all sites and lines for the Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica may exceed over one hour to enter due to the Jubilee Holy year celebration. If fewer than nine people are on your tour, you will travel in a small vehicle with excellent access to all sights. The Driver give you a commentary on board
Inclusions for Private Exclusive Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia To Best Of Rome
- Transportation service with English Speaking Driver for the day (commentary on board)
Exclusions for Private Exclusive Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia To Best Of Rome
- Tickets entrance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Print your voucher and show directly at your Driver
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience