Private Exclusive Sichuan Spicy Cuisine Day Tour With Cooking Demonstration And Tea Tasting - Chengdu
OverviewTaste and learn about the world-renowned cuisine of Sichuan Province, known for its unique Sichuan Pepper which, as well as being spicy also leaves a numbing effect in the mouth.As well as an informativeSichuan cooking demonstration you will also be treated to a street food tour, a tea tasting as a local people.A true taste of the regions culture!
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide in the lobby of your Chengdu hotel at 0800 and transfer by air-conditioned car to the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, located in parkland about 30 minutes driving from the city center. Here you will have plenty of time to walk around and enjoy seeing the giant pandas, young and old, as well as the lesser- known red panda. The younger pandas will fascinate you with their amusing antics as the attendants try to encourage them to climb.
After having a lunch at a local restaurant, you will be transferred to Chengdu Sichuan Cuisine Museum which is located in ancient Pixian, or Pi County, to the west of Chengdu city.
On arrival at the museum you will be met by a museum guide to start your visit with a local snack of fresh pancake made with a variety of fillings. Afterwards you start touring the museum visiting the Classic Collection Hall where there are thousands of antiques, especially of kitchen ware. Next is the Raw Materials Display, where you can learn how the famous Pixian chilly bean paste is made and taste some more local delicacies, this time Xuanzi Pea Jelly. There are several exhibits you will be shown, including the Sichuan Restaurant Alley, where you will get a feel for the dining experiences of old Chengdu and see the building styles of Chengdu from over 100 years ago. You will learn how to crush chilies into powder using an old pestle and mortar, make spicy or sweet bean curd pudding and grind beans with an ancient machine. Your interactive tour continues with the museums master chef who will guide you through the process of making three typical Sichuan dishes and learning some Chinese cooking skills. Finally you get to taste the dishes you have prepared accompanied by fresh fruit, fruit juices, tea and red wine.
After farewell the staff at the museum, you will drive back to your Chengdu hotel and the end of your tour.
Inclusions for Private Exclusive Sichuan Spicy Cuisine Day Tour With Cooking Demonstration And Tea Tasting
- Entrance fees
- Lunch is served at a local resuaturant with Chinese dishes
- Dinner is served at Sichuan Cuisine Museum
- An English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Private Exclusive Sichuan Spicy Cuisine Day Tour With Cooking Demonstration And Tea Tasting
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Volunteer Day at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Exclusive Panda & Kungfu Day Tour
- 2-Day Panda Base & Leshan Giant Buddha & Jiayang Train & Ancient Town
- 2-Day Private Tour Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emeishan
- Professional English Speaking Guide in Chengdu
- Private Day Tour to Leshan Giant Buddha & Huanglongxi Ancient Town
- Exclusive Private Southwestern tour -Panda, Hotpot, Giant Buddha, Learn cooking
- Find out the green tea secret