Private Fresco Painting Workshop In FlorenceWrite a Review
From USD 69
OverviewDuring the Renaissance, when Michelangelo and Botticelli were in their prime, fresco painting was considered the one true test of an artists skill. This 3-hour fresco painting workshop will take you back five centuries to when some of the greatest artists the world has ever seen painted in Florence. It provides a hands-on experience and includes an art history lesson and instruction on painting techniques. Whether youre a beginner or a nuovo Botticelli, this for-all-ages tour is educational and enlightening. And because this is a private workshop with a maximum of six participants, you can tailor the experience to your liking and get more attention from the instructor.
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourFresco making, the art of applying paint to a wet surface, has been around since the 11th century. Giotto perfected the skill, and to this day one can spot many of his works beautifully preserved in churches around central Italy. A few centuries later, painters such as Michelangelo practiced the art, painting world-renowned, priceless masterpieces like the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
Now you can learn about this art form by creating your own fresco. Make your way to the instructor’s studio for a 3-hour hands-on workshop. Learn about the history of fresco making and some of the Italian masters of past centuries. Then use the same materials as Renaissance artists used to create your own work of art.
Beginning or advanced, young or old, it doesn’t matter what your artistic skill is. The instructor guides you through the process, showing you how to prepare the surface, how to transfer a drawing to it and then how to paint on the damp surface. During this private workshop, you’ll receive plenty of attention from your instructor and have time to ask any questions you may have. In the end, take home the fresco you painted and show friends and family the creation you made in the heart of Renaissance Florence.
Inclusions for Private Fresco Painting Workshop In Florence
- Professionally guided tour by a field specialist
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Fresco Painting Workshop In Florence
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets