Private Full-Day Alpine Ridge Hiking Tour From Lucerne
OverviewTake an off the beaten path hike with unforgettable views over 10 lakes and the Swiss Alps. Travel by train, bus and historic funicular to reach scenic alpine locations. See colorful local flora and farms on steep alpine slopes. This 10-hour private guided hiking excursion includes round-trip transportation by bus and train from Lucerne.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourBegin by meeting your guide at Lucerne Railway Station at 7:45am. You may purchase food and drink items at the station to bring for your picnic lunch. At 8:18am, depart the station by train and take 50-minute ride along the shores of two lakes, followed by a bus. Then take a historic funicular up a steep mountain to reach the car-free resort village of Stoosat 4265 ft (1300 m).
A brief hike through the pretty mountain village will take you to the chairlift station where you take a relaxing 20-minute ride on a chairlift to the top of Klingenstock (operating times depend on weather). As the chairlift quietly takes you higher, enjoy the unfolding mountain panoramas around you. Your real hike begins at the top with a 360 degree alpine view. Take a spectacular 3-4 hour hike along a mountain trail that meanders along the ridge from one alpine peak to another. Sturdy steel cables and chains are placed at critical points along the way to provide added security to the hiker.
Take a well-deserved break for a 1-hour picnic lunch (you must bring your own food) at one of the many stops along the way and marvel at the views while enjoying the break. Along the route you may be lucky to see farmers at work harvesting wild hay on the steep mountain slopes. A refuge hut gives information about this age-old farming method, its challenges and its importance for the maintenance of the local ecology.
A short steep final ascent gets you up to the Fronalpstock where the highest restaurant in the canton of Schwyz is located. Reward yourself at the Swiss restaurant with an unbeatable view over the whole Lake Lucerne for about an hour before catching a chair lift back down to Stoos. Make your way back to Lucerne by bus and train (or by boat depending on the time; at a small extra cost). Return to Lucerne between 5-6pm depending on the return route chosen.
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Alpine Ridge Hiking Tour From Lucerne
- Private guided hiking tour
- Local English-speaking guide throughout the day
- Ascent by funicular and chairlift
- Round-trip transportation from Lucerne by train and bus
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Alpine Ridge Hiking Tour From Lucerne
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for children aged 8 and under unless they are used to walking long distances
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Due to nature of the trail, tour is not suitable for vertigo-sufferers or those with a fear of heights
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Stanserhorn Day Photo Tour Worlds First Convertible Style Cable Car
- Zurich Combo from Lucerne: Zurich Sightseeing, Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein
- Half-Day Walking Tour of Lake Lucerne Villas and Castles
- Golden Round Trip with Lake Cruise to Mount Pilatus from Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne