Private Full Day Bagan Tour With Sunset Boat RideWrite a Review
From USD 61.73
OverviewJoin this private day tour and explore Bagan, a truly mesmerizing destination and a favorite of many travelers. Renowned as the city of four million pagodas, this is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. Today there are more than 2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries -- most built during the Bagan Dynasty, founded by King Anawrahta in 1044.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAt 8am, your tour guide will meet and greet you at your hotel (or) Nyaung U airport on your arrival. Then we will head to lively Nyaung U Market where your guide will help you to discover a variety of Burmese traditional breakfasts.
The popular breakfasts are varied such as hand mixed noodle salad, noodle soups, fried rice, Indian Nann Bread with steamed beans paste, Indian puree, sticky rice with steamed beans, Chinese steamed bun, dim sum, etc. Among them, Mohinga is a national dish of Myanmar. Mohinga is a rice noodle with fish soup garnished with crispy fried fritters such as chickpeas, gourd, Chinese donuts, and boiled egg and so on. Additional garnishment such as lime, coriander, dried chilli powder and fish sauce also add as liking.
After you bought your breakfast at Nyaung U Market, you will have your breakfast at a local tea house, which is situated next to the market. Tea houses are center of social and commercial life in Myanmar. You can see all kinds of people here, from business people and brokers to students and families all doing their daily business or just relaxing and socializing.
Next, we will visit Shwezigon pagoda, considered a prototype of all future such temples. Then, visit to the cave temple filled with exquisite murals at Wetkyi-In Gubyaukgyi and followed by an interesting craftsmanship with the fine plaster carvings of Htilominlo Temple.
Bagan is not only famous for the profusion of ancient temples, but also for its exquisite handicrafts. After lunch, watch the time consuming and intricate production of quality lacquer ware. Some of the finest are flexible, and made around bamboo and twisted horse hair.
For lunch we will stop at local restaurant; a popular place where visitors come mainly for the delicious curry they serve.
We will then visit to the highest temple in Bagan, Thatbyinnyu and the enormous Dhammayangyi Temple, noted for its intricate brickwork.
Move on to Taung Bi Village to look through some private homes and local businesses. While not the home of any great monuments or temples, our walk through this peaceful village really is a nice change of pace from the hectic pace of cities.
Finally, board a local boat next for a cruise down the Irrawaddy River. See the sun set from the river as you pass riverside villages and temples.
Your tour will end at around 6pm and you will be transferred back to you hotel safely.
Inclusions for Private Full Day Bagan Tour With Sunset Boat Ride
- Professional English speaking guide
- Private boat for sunset boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Full Day Bagan Tour With Sunset Boat Ride
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other Services or sightseeing places not mentioned in the itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.