For the traveler who only has one day to spare in the capital city, this is the perfect tour for you! We'll cover all of the major highlights that Lima has to offer from pre-Incan history and colonial architecture to award winningÂ gastronomy and culture. With your private guide and transportation this tour not only provides a well planned and conveniently thought-outÂ itinerary but the chance to interact and travel the city with a new local friend.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourEightÂ hours is not a lot of time to visit such an immense city as Lima, but we feel we've created the perfect one-day highlight tour. We'll begin with a visit to historic Lima where you will observeÂ traditional plazas, beautifully ornate churches and the stately presidential palace. You will have a chance to walk along the colonial streets admiring the architecture of buildings fromÂ various periods in history, including the San Francisco Convent, a World Heritage UNESCO site. Once inside you will appreciate the one hour guided tour featuring the second largest library in Latin America with over 25,000 ancient texts and quite a sizable collection of religious artwork. Before finishing the tour of the convent we will descend deep below the centuries old church and explore the catacombs that lie beneath. Â
FromÂ downtown Lima we will head over toÂ TripAdvisor's top rated attraction, theÂ Larco Museum. Built a top a seventh century pyramid, this vice-royal mansion is a site to see with its beautifully cared for gardens; you will find yourself snapping photos of the grounds as much so as the relics inside. For this portion of theÂ tour we will be joined by an additional guide to ensure we receive the richest narration possible of this private collection passed on from father to son. The one and a half hour tour consists of captivating history, aÂ 45,000 piece store of antiquitiesÂ and anÂ intriguing erotic collection (this room can be left out if touring with younger children.) Afterwards we will have time to enjoy a delicious lunch surrounded by colorfulÂ gardensÂ on the outdoor patio of the museum cafe.Â
As we head out to the district of Miraflores we will take a few minutes to climb the Morro Solar, a stopÂ that you will not find on many itineraries. This large ocean side hill, carved by the Pacific Ocean below, is home to the "Cristo Blanco" statue and provides us with a great view of the Chorrillos Bay as well as an impressive view of the coastline and surrounding shanty towns below. Here your local guide will share with you the history of battles fought on this location and a bitÂ of detail about the cultural divide that exists in Lima.
Our last stop will bring us to the district of Miraflores where we will make a short visit to the Huaca Pucllana, an enormous pre-Incan pyramid set against the back-drop ofÂ modern neighborhoods. If desired, we can make a stop by the Inca Market for aÂ chance to pick upÂ memorable treasures and souvenirs with your local guide helping you in your search. Finally we will wrap up our tour with a brief visit to the Parque de Amor, an artistic tribute to lovers everywhere, and enjoy the scenic overlooks of the Pacific and it`s vibrant beach life below.
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Best Of Lima Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from districts of San Isidro, Miraflores & Barranco - all others please see Exclusions)
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Best Of Lima Tour
- Transportation from the Port of Callao or Airport will incur a fee of $20 US Dollars more per person to be paid in cash the day of the tour. Please list under Special Requirements if you will require transportation from one of these areas and we will contact you in order to schedule a more exact pick up time.
- Transportation from any hotel address not listed under Inclusions will incur an additional payment of $10 US Dollars more per persons to be paid in cash the day of tour. Please list under Special Requirements if you will require transportation from a hotel located outside of San Isidro, Miraflores or Barranco.
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Shore Excursion, start times may be booked between the hours of 8am-5pm
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If client is arriving on Cruise Ship, they will need need to take the bus provided for them by the cruise line to the front gate where our guide will meet them with sign that displays their name
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.