Private Full Day Christian Tour Of Madaba Mount Nebo Baptism Site And The Desert Of Moab Tour From Amman
OverviewLooking for a faith based pilgrimage Christian tour that rebuilds your convictions? This tour is a must for all believers and non-believers as this visit not only brings history to life, but you get to experience history that writes itself in you. This tour is important to include in your Biblical Christian Pilgrimage trip to Jordan and the Holy Land. You will visit the area of the Jordan Valley including the Desert of Moab, the Baptism Site of Jesus Christ, Mount Nebo, and the mosaic city of Madaba.
Know More about this tour
Visit the city of Madaba known for its mosaics. The most popular and well known is the ancient mosaic map of Jordan and the Holy Land of the 6th century in the Saint George Orthodox Church, marked with the points of interest of some historical stories recorded in the Bible. Then climb up Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses is said to have died. Enjoy the view of the Holy Land and the Jordan Valley, visit the mosaics found inside the church of Mount Nebo. Drive towards the Jordan Valley to visit the baptism site located on the east side of the Jordan River, recognized by the Vatican during the visit of John Paul II in 2000 to be the baptism sight of Jesus Christ and a very important pilgrimage area to visit. This tour is just indescribable!
The Baptism Site (In Arabic named: El-Maghtas) on the Jordan side of the Jordan River is one of the most important recent discoveries in biblical archaeology. Excavations only began here in 1996, following Jordan's peace treaty with Israel in 1994, but have already uncovered more than 20 churches, caves and baptismal pools dating from the Roman and Byzantine periods.
Although the identification is not absolutely certain, archaeology has shown that the area known as Wadi Kharrar has long been believed to be the biblical Bethany-beyond-the-Jordan, where John the Baptist lived and Jesus was baptized. This area is also associated with the ascension of the Prophet Elijah into heaven, which is commemorated at a hill called Tell Mar Elias. This Bethany should not be confused with Bethany in Jerusalem, where Mary Magdalene lived and Lazarus was raised from the dead.
Also the area of the Baptism Site is called the Desert of Moab, a clear living example of The Jordan Valley "Al-Ghawr" forms part of the larger Jordan Rift Valley. Unlike most other river valleys, the term "Jordan Valley" commonly applies just to the lower course of the Jordan River, from the spot where it exits the Sea of Galilee in the north, to the end of its course where it flows into the Dead Sea in the south.
Inclusions for Private Full Day Christian Tour Of Madaba Mount Nebo Baptism Site And The Desert Of Moab Tour From Amman
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private Transfer by air conditioned leisure vehicle according number of participants
- English Speaking Driver
- Local English Speaking Guide for classic visits of Madaba Saint Georges Church, and Mount Nebo
- Admission to mentioned sites: Madaba Saint Georges Church, Mount Nebo, and the Baptism Site
Exclusions for Private Full Day Christian Tour Of Madaba Mount Nebo Baptism Site And The Desert Of Moab Tour From Amman
- Local Guide where not mentioned
- All type of meals and beverages
- Infant meals
- Entrance fees to additional sites
- Any other service not mentioned
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour from Amman: Petra with Camel Ride
- Private Tour Petra with Monastery El Deir and lunch
- Travel to the edge of the basalt desert and discover Wine of Jordan, JR Wines
- Jordan tour 5D-4N
- Private Tour: Dana Nature Reserve Hike and Dead Sea with lunch
- The North Tour of Jordan Jerash Ajlun Castle and Um Qais
- Petra - One day tour
- Six-Hour Private Madaba and Dead Sea Tour from Amman