Private Full-day Sightseeing Of Amritsar Including Golden Temple With Gobindgarh Fort And Sadda Pind
OverviewVisit the the Golden Temple, which is the holiest shrine for Sikhs, located in the historical city of Amritsar. Thenvisit the intriguing & historic Gobindgarh fort, which was opened for the public only in February 2017. Later, get a glimpse into the rural life, in a fascinating model village of Punjab -Sadda Pind. This private full-day sightseeing tour includes return hotel transfers and travel in a private air-conditioned vehicle. A separate knowledgeable guide will accompany you. After completion of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Know More about this tour
Your tour commences just before noon - with pick-up from your Amritsar city hotel. First visit the Golden Temple - the holiest shrine of the Sikhs. Located in the heart of the city the Golden Temple is the most visited tourist attraction of Amritsar. Characterised by its four entrance doors in all four directions and the tastefully decorated shrine, in terms of art and architecture, the Golden Temple welcomes everyone regardless of the religion or faith one follows. The stunning sanctum, shimmering in the water of the holy tank, flanked by spotlessly clean marble walkways and pavements makes it breathtakingly beautiful. Then head to Gobindgarh Fort.
Gobindgarh Fort is a historic fort that was built in 1809. It used to be a massive structure of limestone and brick with iron-studded gates but most of the structure is in ruins now. The Fort was earlier occupied by the army but is now renovated and opened for the public. This magnificent heritage site has a history of its own, spread across a period of over 300 years, right from the times of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh, to the East India Company of the British Army, and later, the Indian Army.
Activities: Sher-E-Punjab- Glorious history depicted through a 7D show based on the life of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and shows why he was called Sher-e-Punjab(meaning - the Lion of Punjab).Toshakhana-Once stored the coveted Kohinoor diamond, this storeroom is now a coin museum for old and rare coins including a replica of the Kohinoor. The BungalowAncient Warfare Museum- It stores several replicas of weapons and attires of warfare, and some life-like figurines. Spirit of Punjab- A stage that keeps the fort alive all day long with live performances of bhangra and gidha (dances of Punjab), gatka (local martial art), dhol (a percussion instrument) and more. Ambarsari Zaika- Indulge in the choicest of Amritsari and Punjabi cuisine (at own cost). Haat Bazaar- Shop for local clothing and footwear like phulkaris, juttis, shawls, antiques and more (at own cost).
Then head to a rather expansive model village setup to experience life in rural Punjab. Called Sadda Pind - it is a complete village with mud houses and people going about their lives. Experience first hand and partake in activities like grinding flour, spinning yarn or try your hand at local pottery and carpentry. Witness ceremonies associated with a traditional wedding, get a henna design on your hands, while children watch a puppet show. Soak in the energetic local song and dance show. And lots more. There is something interesting for all age groups. Your tour ends with a traditional meal of Punjab.
After completion of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Full-day Sightseeing Of Amritsar Including Golden Temple With Gobindgarh Fort And Sadda Pind
- Transfers & tours in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Full-day Sightseeing Of Amritsar Including Golden Temple With Gobindgarh Fort And Sadda Pind
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Visit to the Golden Temple involves removing your shoes and covering your head (small scarves / handkerchiefs are available there for no charge)
While visiting the Golden Temple, it is recommended to cover ones shoulders and knees
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Explore Amritsar on a Tonga
- Walking Tour and Rickshaw Ride through The Bazaars of old Amritsar
- On the Amritsar Food Trail
- Amritsar and its Golden Temple: A Historical and Cultural Walking Tour with Private Transfer
- Private Guided Half-Day Amritsar Sightseeing Small Group Tour
- Divine Amritsar & Golden Temple Tour
- Evening tour to Sadda Pind with dinner and Transfer from Amritsar