OverviewFull-day trip to Assisi and Orvieto from Rome. Your day includes a walking tour of Assisi in Umbria, learning about its patron, St Francis of Assisi and visit the Convent of Santa Chiara. Continue to Orvieto to know its Gothic Orvieto Cathedral.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Exclusive to Viator
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
Start your day with a pickup from your central Rome hotel, and relax on the journey north to the region of Umbria. The area boasts scenic countryside, with vineyards, olive trees, and hilltop villages scattered around the plains.
The most famous of Assisi’s hilltop villages is Assisi, a beautiful walled town that’s known as the birthplace of St. Francis. Hop out to discover its narrow streets, flower-decked balconies, and noble palaces, and learn about the saint’s connection to the town. Visit St. Francis Basilica, home to early Renaissance art by Giotto and Cimabue, and step inside the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli.
Enjoy a break for lunch in the town (own expense), and then travel to your second hilltop village of the day: Orvieto. Head up to the Old Town to admire the colorful Gothic façade of Orvieto Duomo, and take a look inside.
In the early evening, return to your transport for the journey back to Rome. Your day trip ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Tour: Assisi And Orvieto Day Excursion Tour From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (central Rome)
- Luxury, air-conditioned car or minivan
- Private guide
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Tour: Assisi And Orvieto Day Excursion Tour From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when you book with two adults
Infant seats are available on request; make a note in the Special Requirements field when you book
Dress code is smart casual
A minimum of two people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.