Be transportedback in time during this daylong tour ofthe best-knownlocations from themusical "The Sound of Music." With a private guide and a driver, explore the area around Salzburg and Austria's Lake District, seeing locations from the filmlike Leopoldskron Palace (the von Trapp family home),Hellbrunn Palace (where the gazebo scene was filmed), the "Sound of Music Meadow," and the "Obersalzberg" Adolph Hitler's mountain retreat, at an elevation of 3,000 feet. You'll also have the option to continue up the mountain and visit the Eagle's Nest foran additional cost, before being driven back to Salzburg.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Popular choice with kids
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
Be transported back in time on this daylong tour designed for fans of The Sound of Music. Begin the day at 9am when your private guide and driver pick you up from your Salzburg hotel. Start off with a Salzburg city tour, including stops at Leopoldskron Palace, which was used as the von Trapp family's home in the movie. Take a photo in the pavilion at Hellbrunn Palace, where the famous gazebo scene was filmed.
Next, drive past the German border to the Sound of Music Meadow, where Julie Andrews twirled and sang "The Hills Are Alive (with the Sound of Music)." Dive deeper into the area's history with a visit to the "Obersalzberg." Located at an elevation of 3000 feet, this is the former mountain residence of Adolf Hitler.
From that historical point, you'll have the opportunity to purchase access to the Eagle's Nest via special busses and an elevator. Once you've reached the Eagle's Nest, enjoy unparalleled views of the Bavarian Alps, the King's Lake (Koenigssee), and the surrounding area of Salzburg. On your return trip from the Eagle's Nest to Salzburg, drive through the Lake District. Pass the Wies Valley, Fuschl, and St. Gilgen — where Mozart's mother was born.
Enjoy a view out over Lake Wolfgang and the Schafberg Mountain, which you'll recognize from the movie's picnic scene. Your last stop is at Mondsee — you'll recognize the church where Maria and the Baron were married. The tour concludes in the evening, when you're dropped off in Salzburg at your hotel or another location of your choice.
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Tour From Salzburg: The Hills Are Alive And Eagle's Nest
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Tour From Salzburg: The Hills Are Alive And Eagle's Nest
- Bus and elevator to the Eagle's Nest, EUR 16,10 per person.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.