Private Full Day Tour Of Osaka Temples, Gardens And Kofun Tombs
OverviewOsaka is a bustling city chock full of "big city" things to do, but there's another side to itas well.This tour takes you from your hotel to notable temples, gardens, and the famous "kofun" tombs in Osaka and south to Sakai City, all in a private, luxury car. Your native English-speaking driver/guide will keep the trip light and fun, while still informative. An optional Osaka Castle Park add-on is also available.*Please note: as this is a private tour, alterations to the itinerary can be discussed upon request.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour tour begins at 8:30am with pickup from your central Osaka hotel. You will be driven around by a native English speaker with a strong command of Japanese as well. The tour naturally includes thorough explanations, and being driven around in a private car makes the experience a perfectly personal one.
Start by exploring the temples and grounds of Shitennoji. Although there have been a number of reincarnations, the temple dates back to the 6th century. Notable features include a classic Japanese garden, a pagoda, grand gates, and shrines. Next you will tour the Sumiyoshi Taisha, a deeply historic, large and very well known Shinto complex. You'll see differences in style from the Buddhist Shitennoji, and also the famous arching bridge.
An 180 degree turn from the Shintennoji temple experience lands us in Shin-sekai, an old entertainment district that is once again bustling with life. We'll take a short, introductory walk around this compact neighborhood so you can see the food, drink, and leisure of both today and yesterday.
After a stop for lunch at a nearby local restaurant, proposed to be kaiten sushi ("revolving sushi") you will head to Sakai city, which borders Osaka city to the south. You will take in the lay of the land from one of the highest buildings around, the Sakai City Hall. From there, you'll get a bird's eye view of the tremendously large "kofun," or ancient tombs endemic to this area. You will see a tomb from street level, then explore the neighboring Daisen Park. The expansive grounds host the second Japanese garden you will be visiting. This one is a bit more modern than the one you saw at Shitennoji. Transit back to your hotel for an estimated 3:30pm arrival. Or, for those who choose the Osaka Castle Park option, continue on to the castle and finish up at your hotel at around 4:30pm.
Please note that the Japanese gardens at Daisen Park are closed on Mondays (unless Monday is a holiday, in which case they are closed on Tuesday). If Daisen Park's Japanese Garden is closed on the day of your tour, you can spend time shopping, touring other locations by car, or something else to your liking.
Inclusions for Private Full Day Tour Of Osaka Temples, Gardens And Kofun Tombs
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Central Osaka hotel pickup
Exclusions for Private Full Day Tour Of Osaka Temples, Gardens And Kofun Tombs
- Entrance fees (500 yen/person total).
- Food and drinks
- Pickup/dropoff outside central Osaka (and still in the city of Osaka) is available for an additional 2,500 yen each way.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A limit of 4 people per standard booking allowed, with service provided in a four-door sedan (in the case of four people, one will have to sit in the middle in back). For more space and a seating capacity of up to 6 guests, please choose the Large Vehicle option.
Please note that the Japanese gardens at Daisen Park are closed on Mondays (unless Monday is a holiday, in which case they are closed on Tuesday). If Daisen Park's Japanese Garden is closed on the day of your tour, you can spend time shopping, touring other locations by car, or something else to your liking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.