OverviewThis private tour will allow you to experience a full-day visit to the romantic city of Sintra. Sintra’s history goes back three thousand years, but the 19th century saw the area become one of the trendiest locations for the European nobility and bourgeoisie. Its palaces reflect the eclectic taste of a sophisticated society and you can still imagine the charm of parasols and top-hats parading along the town’s streets.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Fully narrated tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
Start your day with a pick-up from your centrally-located Lisbon accommodations, then journey to the hilltop Pena National Palace. Discover one of the world’s major expressions of 19th-century Romanticism at this national monument. Learn about its origin as a chapel built to honor Our Lady of Pena after a sighting of the Virgin Mary. The building grew to include a monastery in 1493, then languished in disrepair after an earthquake and lightning strikes. At long last, Prince Ferdinand decreed it be transformed into a summer residence for the royal family.
Step outside the palace, and explore the surrounding Pena Park and gardens, teeming with trees and plants from around the world. See Sequoia and magnolia from the United States, trees from China and Japan, and ferns from Australia and New Zealand. Meander down narrow roads and paths that lead to a waterfall and bubbling springs of crystal-clear water.
Next, visit the town of Sintra, located in an area dubbed the Portuguese Riviera and known for its many examples of 19th-century architecture. Note the contrast between the old village’s black stone pavements and its colorful houses. Visit the grand medieval National Palace, one of Sintra’s most beautiful examples of Portuguese architecture. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (own expense).
Journey to Land’s End (Terra do Fim do Mundo) and admire its striking landscape. Finish your afternoon with free time to wander through the old streets and shops of seaside Cascais. Enjoy the ride back to Lisbon on one of the continent’s most scenic roads.
Sintra: Pena Palace, Moorish Castle and Sintra National Palace
Sintra: Historic Centre
Lunch: Free time
Cabo da Roca
Boca do Inferno
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Tour: Romantic Sintra From Lisbon
- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- "Travesseiros" tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport. Pick-up and drop-off does not include luggage transport.
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Tour: Romantic Sintra From Lisbon
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees - Pena Palace, Adult 14€, Youth (de 6 a 17 anos) and Senior 12,5€; Moorish Castle Adult 8€, Youth (de 6 a 17 anos) and Senior 6,5€; Sintra National Palace Adult 10€, Youth (de 6 a 17 anos) and Senior 8,5€.
- Guided tours inside Pena Palace and Sintra National Palace
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.