Private Full-Day Trip To Cape Sounion From Athens
OverviewTake the chance to admire one of the most beautiful sunsets you will ever see from the incredible Poseidons Temple, which dominates over Cape Sounion, where the blue of the Greek sky meets the Aegean Sea in the southermost point of Attica and wander at the city of Lavrion, an important port of ancient times. In this full day excursion, you will have the opportunity to get in touch with the natural side of Greece by visiting one of the most picturesque places in Attica. You will see worldwide famous archeological sites, enjoy your coffee like a true Greek, relax by the sea and taste traditional Greek recipes. Give yourselves the chance to S-Cape from the urban frenzy of a modern metropolis and get closer to nature.
Know More about this tour
Our full day tour experience begins at the pre-arranged starting point, where a dedicated Be a Greek Expert will pick you up in a private vehicle.
The first part of our drive towards Cape Sounion will take us to the Athenian Riviera, where we will be travelling next to the sea, providing us with some really beautiful views and the opportunity to learn about the history of all the sites of our tour.
A visit to a trendy cafe will be the first stop of our excursion, allowing us to enjoy some of the typical greek refreshments by the sea, the perfect beginning of our day.
After our pleasant coffee break our tour will take as to the city of Lavrion, a port of great significance in ancient Greece due to its rich minesthat gave us the silver from which one of the first silver coins in the world was cut, the renowned Athenian Drachma (580 B.C.). The small but beautiful city offers the opportunity to take a relaxing walk by the sea and admire some of the many archeological sites.
The following stop will be Cape Sounion, one of the most beautiful places in Greece, a site of great historic and mythological value. With the Temple of Poseidon rising above all else, the experience of admiring the sunset from the Temple is one of the most sought-after moments of all Travelers in Greece.
Following our visit to Cape Sounion, we will head to a local restaurant of your choosing for dinner, giving you the chance select between a great variety of delicacies from the local cuisine. Being able to enjoy some of the best traditional Greek recipes, accompanied by a glass of wine, will be the perfect conclusion to our day before we make our way back to Athens.
Inclusions for Private Full-Day Trip To Cape Sounion From Athens
- Pick up and drop off
- Private vehicle transportation with refreshments and snacks
- Fuel & toll expenses
- A coffee or other traditional refreshment per person in a trendy cafe
- Be accompanied by an expert Member of the Be a Greek Team
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Private Full-Day Trip To Cape Sounion From Athens
- Foods and drinks
- Entrance fees to any point of interest
- Personal expenses (i.e. souvenirs etc.)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Breathtaking views at Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon
One of the most beautiful sunsets ever seen
Relax in a trendy cafe located in the Athenian Riviera
Visit the ancient port of Lavrion and learn its great history
See some of the important ancient mines and settlement
Enjoy a day by the sea
Taste Greek tradition seafood recipes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athens Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour
- Private Walking Tour: National Archaeological Museum
- Athens Small-Group 2.5 Hour Electric Bicycle Tour
- 1-Hour Aroma Oil Massage plus 20-Minute Free Fish Pedi
- 90-Minute Aroma Oil Massage plus 20' min Free Fish Pedi
- Athens Couples Escape Spa Treatment with Fish Pedicure
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour