Private Full-day Trip To Évora And Alentejo From LisbonWrite a Review
On this 8-hour tour, you will explore the highlights of Evora, including the Roman Temple of Evora, the square dedicated to Geraldo Geraldes, the Bones Chapel. After Evora, choose from stops at Monsaraz or Arraiolos, before experiencing beautiful views of Lisbon and the Tagus River. You can even stop for a delicious lunch (at your own expense) in Evora or on your drive to your next destination at one of a number of places that your guide can recommend.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourAfter a 130 kilometer ride through the plains, where youll see sheep resting in the shade of cork trees, you will visit the Roman Temple of Evora, which dates back 2,000 years. Follow the medieval paths to the center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to find the Roman-Gothic Cathedral, with its terrace overlooking the entire city.
Walk down to reach the square dedicated to Geraldo Geraldes, the Portuguese noble warrior who conquered Evora and led other campaigns in the area.
The next stop inside Evora is the impressive Bones Chapel at Saint Francis Church.
Depending on how much time is left and whether you are interested, you can choose to visit the famous Cartuxa Winery, named after the Carthusian monastery. You can stop for lunch (at own expense) as your guide will have suggestions for places in Evora and on the way to your next destination.
After Evora, there are a number of places that you can visit. You can stop at Monsaraz to the south, which is an impressive fortified village that served as guard against Spanish invasions. Finally, Arraiolos, which is a very short drive from vora, is a small town recognized for its handmade tapestry, with a technique dating back to the Middle Ages. You can also see the castle on top, which is one of the few in the World with a circular wall.
Having passed the Vasco da Gama bridge in the morning, we may return to Lisbon following the 25 de Abril bridge, which offers a stunning look to the city and the Tagus River.
Inclusions for Private Full-day Trip To Évora And Alentejo From Lisbon
- Driver/guide with extensive knowledge of the area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with panoramic ceiling and WiFi
Exclusions for Private Full-day Trip To Évora And Alentejo From Lisbon
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks (but there is time for a nice lunch and your guide will have some good suggestions)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A small amount of walking is involved
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, expect sunny days most of the year
Feel free to ask your guide anything, to stop if you find something you would like to see better, or even turn around to go to another place
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.