Private Full Day Viking History Tour From Stockholm Including Sigtuna
OverviewUncover someViking history on this 8-hour tour from Stockholm into the lovely Swedish countryside. Venture in the company of a knowledgeable local history guide and get to know the Viking Swedes. Experience the pretty countryside area of Markim-Orkesta, a recent UNESCO World Heritage candidate site. Go to Sigtuna, the oldest still existing town in Sweden and walk by the 18th-century traditional wooden houses on the main street that still have its original Viking age stretch, travel back in time. Hear tales on Viking mythology and see replicas of excavation findings. Transportation from and back to your hotel is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourTravel in the morning from your hotel or cruise port in a comfortable car or minivan depending on the group size. Go north to the beautiful Swedish countryside and sense how you start to move back in time.
Head to the Runic Kingdom, a Viking history attraction area north of Stockholm. It is filled with Viking remnants and we will visit the best.
We will visit a Viking assembly and sense the presence of ancient power, imagine Viking lords sitting in at the sight making important decisions. Seethe iconic Jarlabanki's bridge, and listen to the intriguing tale of Lord Jarlabanke. Visit the gravefield at Broby, one of the most excavated grave-sites in Sweden. Hear about Estrid, one of the most famous Viking women in the Stockholm county area. Get to knowhow the Vikings buried their dead.
Go toSigtuna. Experience the history of Sweden's oldest town and enjoy the guide's passion for Sigtuna. Walk among church ruins, walk on the main Viking-age street on a guided tour. You will see beautiful houses from the 1700's and you can take a stroll on your own-time to the shores of Lake Mlaren, the third largest lake in Sweden.
GoOld and New Uppsala. In the Old Uppsala you will visit the great mounds who remains from 500/600 AD when the site was a mighty power center. Here, the Swedes had assembly meetings, gatherings and sacrifices! The new Uppsala is a thriving university city, experience the great cathedral who is the biggest church in the Nordic countries!
Be taken back to your central Stockholm accommodations or cruise port at tour's end.
Inclusions for Private Full Day Viking History Tour From Stockholm Including Sigtuna
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Stockholm. Pick-up and drop-off at cruise port is also possible.
- Private tour
- All taxes and surcharges
- A taste of Viking inspired mead
Exclusions for Private Full Day Viking History Tour From Stockholm Including Sigtuna
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.