Take a scenic drive by private car through historical Georgetown, the capital city of Penang, now protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On this private half-day tour youll visit the most prominent buildings of the colonial era such as Fort Cornwallis and the Penang State Museum. Enjoy a trishaw ride past Georgetowns charming architecture, the modern skyscrapers of bustling Chinatown and colorful Little India each a showcase of Penang's rich culture and heritage. Round-trip hotel transport is included.
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYour private guide will pick you up at your Penang hotel and take you to the capital city, Georgetown. Enjoy a drive through the historical downtown, whose colonial buildings were designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Youll visit several prominent sites on your private half-day tour with commentary from your professional guide.
Stop at Fort Cornwallis, which once belonged to the English East India Company, and learn about the first landing of Captain Francis Light in 1786. Take a 10-minute walk with your guide along the forts perimeter, protected by 10-foot (3-meter) high walls. Exploring the forts interior, youll see original, century-old structures like the chapel, prison cells, munitions storage, bronze canons and flagstaff.
Next, visit the Penang State Museum, built in 1821. The displays here showcase a fine collection of antiques as well as other historical relics that highlight Penang's cultural heritage. Meander through several galleries to see the collection of old photographs, maps, historical documents, Chinese furniture, embroidery and clothing.
Afterward, enjoy an authentic trishaw ride through the heart of Georgetown. Youll be fascinated by its charming colonial architecture as well as the modern skyscrapers of bustling Chinatown and all the color of Little India.
During your ride, stop at one of the most magnificent clan houses, Khoo Kongsi part of a closely-knit network of Chinese clan associations established in Malaysia since the mid-19th century. The traditional building, nestled amid a crowd of terrace houses and shops, features intricate carvings and woodwork bearing the mark of master craftsmen from China.
Your private tour ends with return transport to your Penang hotel.
Inclusions for Private Georgetown Sightseeing Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Trishaw ride ticket
Exclusions for Private Georgetown Sightseeing Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Please note that on every Friday, a visit to the State Museum will be replaced with Chinese clan settlements located at the Chew Jetty
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.