Private Ghost Tour Of York
OverviewLet your own personalised tour guide take you on a spectacular trip round this world famous city at night. You are provided a unique guided tour experience and picked up at your hotel or elsewhere in town at a place of your choosing, at a time that suits you. You will be taken around the major historic points of interest in York, without a big group to tag along with or time schedules to keep, and even arrange coffee or food along the way at some of York's very best food and drink establishments.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYorkhas a rich and bloodthirsty history stretching back nearly 2000 years, and its little surprise that it is widely regarded as the most haunted city in the world. These personalised tours last approx. 2 hours and provide a totally unique, bespoke and entertaining history of Europe's most haunted city. Each tour is designed just for you, and your guides have over 200 ghost stories to tell so please get in touch with the local provider if you have any special interests or needs. You will be taken on an atmospheric trip round our ancient city and shown the fascinating hidden areas most tourists miss.
Refreshments can also be arranged along the way with some excellent coffee shops, pubs and restaurants to check out (own expense), and in addition will also tour other parts of the city too (the Castle, York Minster, Shambles and more) should you require. As your local tour guides are passionate about the city, they can also handle any restaurant bookings or just general advice about other things to do in York during your stay.
As these are bespoke tours, please contact the local provider as soon as you can in advance so your booking can be guaranteed and the guides have enough time to prepare the tour for your adequately.
The flavour of our tours is to tell the stories, but in a verified historic context. Please note your guides are not 'actors' and don't use props or get dressed up in Victorian outfits. What they will do is tell you the truth of the ghost story in that area, as well as backing it up with the history of the area and possible reasons for why that area is haunted.
Please note that on this tour it will beonly yourselves and your tour guide,for a truly personalised experience of the city.
Inclusions for Private Ghost Tour Of York
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (by foot, city centre hotels only)
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Ghost Tour Of York
- Entrance fees (2 small museums located around the walls are available for entry separately)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please inform the local provider of the preferred pick up point at the time of booking.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 adults / Seniors per booking is required (single adult is available but at a surcharge at our discretion)
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.