Enjoy a Private Tour along the South Coast of Iceland to the Glacier Lagoon (JÃ¶kulsÃ¡rlÃ³n). This tour is tailored to your interests and needs and you can control the pace of the trip. The main stops included in the tour are Seljalandsfoss waterfall, SÃ³lheimajÃ¶kull glacier, SkÃ³gafoss waterfall, DyrhÃ³laey black sand beach. You can also opt to include additional stops, depending on time. For example you might include GljÃºfrabÃºi waterfall and NauthÃºsagil "cave".
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
Know More about this tourA 7am departure is recommended for this tour, but this is flexible and you can choose your preferred pickup time.
This is a fully private tour, operated just for your party with your own private guide. The tour can take up to 7 people. It includes pickup and drop off at your hotel or apartment in Reykjavik, an English speaking driver/guide, WiFi, Water bottles and entrance fees. While lunch is not included in the tour, we can stop at a local restaurant or diner according to your preferences where you can purchase lunch (own expense). Make sure to bring warm clothes, good shoes (hiking shoes are ideal) and a camera.
The tour will begin with a drive along highway 1 through Hveragerði and Selfoss towards the South Coast. The first stop on the tour is at the base of that volcano with the "unpronouncable" name (Eyjafjallajökull) that brought most of Europe's air traffic to a standstill in 2010. Here we will visit a photogenic waterfall featured in one of the pictures above called Seljalandsfoss. Next your guide will take you to some other less known waterfalls and caves depending on the season and weather conditions.
We will also visit Skóagoss waterfall, yet another big and photogenic waterfall also featured in the pictures above.
Next up you may opt to see the glacier called Sólheimajökull, where we can take a walk up to the glacier and also get the help from a local tour guide to go walking on the glacier if you wish.
Next you will visit some Black Sand beaches at Dyrhólaey and if luck is on your side, you just might see some puffins.
And to top of the day we will end with a visit to the spectacular Jökulsárlón known as the Glacier Lagoon.
The south coast of Iceland is truly spectacular with so many places to see and visit, and with your expert tour guide you'll discover places and activities that fit you and your group best.
Inclusions for Private Glacier Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Glacier Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.