Private Goa Sightseeing Tour With Lunch At A Spice Plantation - Panaji
OverviewTake a private tour of Goa, a state in western India with coastlines stretching along the Arabian Sea. Its long history as a Portuguese colony prior to 1961 is evident in its preserved 16th-century churches and the areas tropical spice plantations. Goa is also known for its beaches, ranging from popular stretches at Baga and Palolem to laid-back fishing villages such as Agonda. In the tour, cover Old Goa Churches, Mangueshi Temple, Spice Plantation, Portuguese Latin Quarters, Shanta Durga Temple, Miramar Beach, Dona Paula with lunch at Spice Plantation.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Buffet lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter a 9am pickup at your Goa city hotel, meet your guide and travel in a private air-conditioned vehicle to reach Old Goa, also known as Velha Goa (velha means old in Portuguese). This was the original capital of the state of Goa and the second capital city established by the Portuguese in India.It was established in 1510 and is now aUNESCO World Heritage Site. Appreciate this slice of history as your guide shows you the many churches in Old Goa.
Next, visit the Mangueshi Temple, one of the largest Hindu temples in the state of Goa. It was completed in 1560 and was originally a very plain building. Over the centuries it has been renovated and expanded. Admire the current lavish temple as your guide points out key elements like the Mangesh Linga.
Then continue to the Shanta Durga Temple, a large temple complex near the village of Kavalem, before touring a spice plantation in the town of Ponda. The plantation is spread over a large area where TK SPICES are grown. After receiving a traditional Aarti welcome and a garland of marigolds, tour the plantation then enjoy a buffet lunch on site including traditional Goan dishes served on a banana leaf (vegetarian options available).
After lunch, visit the Portuguese Latin Quarters in the city of Panaji, including Fontainhas (or Bairro das Fontainhas, in Portuguese). Here the Portuguese influence is easy to see in the architecture, the narrow streets, and the buildings painted in lively colors.
Continue to the village of Dona Paula near Panaji. Formerly called Oddavell, this village was re-named in honor of a beloved and generous benefactor. It is now home to the National Institute of Oceanography.
Finally, explore Panjim City, the capital of the state of Goa, on the banks of the Mandovi River, including the Baroque Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church on the main square (known as Praa da Igreja in Portuguese), colorful villas, and cobblestone streets. Thensit back and relax for the return to Goa in your private vehicle, arriving at your hotel around5pm.
Inclusions for Private Goa Sightseeing Tour With Lunch At A Spice Plantation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Buffet lunch
Exclusions for Private Goa Sightseeing Tour With Lunch At A Spice Plantation
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum of 8 people
Knees and shoulders must be covered by both men and women who wish to enter temples. Please dress modestly. No tank tops or shorts.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen recommended
Women may need to cover their hair. Please bring a hat or scarf.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.