Private Group Walking Tour Along The White Cliffs Of Dover And A Guided Tour Of Leeds Castle And The White Cliffs Area From London
OverviewExplore the White Cliffs of Dover area with a full day private guided tour for up to 8 people. You will be met by your guide with a luxury vehicle with leather seats and air-conditioning from your Central London Hotel. The tour starts with a guided tour of Leeds Castle before it opens to the public, after your visit the Leeds castle travel to the White Cliffs of Dover.Take in the view from on top of the White Cliffs of Dover then walk along its beautiful footpath to the South Foreland Lighthouse (1-2 hours). Discover some of the history that this part of Kent has to offer. See Cliffs, Castles, and Coves scattered in and around some pretty Towns and Villages, steeped in stories from the past, from Smugglers to Monarchy. Stand on some of its beaches, even where the Romans first invaded more than 2000 years ago! Enjoy being shown around by a local guide who has lived in the area all his life.
Know More about this tourThis private full day tour is a wonderful opportunity to explore the White Cliffs of Dover. This private guided tour is just for your group and lasts 8 hours giving you time to take in the area. You will be collected by your guide with a luxury vehicle with 8 leather seats & air conditioning from your central London Hotel at 08.00.
The day starts with a private guided tour in Leeds Castle
A unique opportunity to have a private guided tour of Leeds Castle before it opens to the general public. On arrival, take a 1-hour tour of the castle (own expense) which is arranged for you and gives insight into centuries of royal history. Learn of famous names who once called the residence home and admire the stunning architecture for which the Castle is known. Leeds Castle has been a Norman stronghold, the private property of six of Englands Medieval Queens, a Palace used by Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon, a Jacobean country house, a Georgian mansion, an elegant early 20th century retreat for the influential and famous and in the 21st century, it has become one of the most visited historic buildings in Britain. Admission and tour cost payable on the day to Leeds Castle. 18.25 per person + 50 guide fee.
From Leeds Castle you will head to Dover and start the tour on Dover Seafront looking up at the White Cliffs and Dover Castle. Driving around the Castle to the South Foreland(the White Cliffs), you can look down at the port and acrossto France. From here you will take theSouth Foreland Walka breathtaking coastal path tothe South Foreland Lighthouse at St Margaret's Bay. this walk, with its outstanding views are amongst the most beautiful in England.You can take refreshments at Mrs Knott's Tea Room at the South Foreland Lighthouse (at own expense). Once refreshed your guide will drive you through the pretty village ofSt Margarets at Cliffe to its secret Bay. From here, head for the beautiful village of Kingsdown and its beach where it's believed the Romans first invaded Britain more than 2000 years ago.
Then onto the award winning seaside town of Deal via Walmer Castle, the home of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. Discover Deal'shistory of smuggling before visiting the Medieval town of Sandwich.
As this is a private tour it can be flexible to meet your needs. Relax knowing your guide will make sure you enjoy yourself having plenty of time for photo opportunities, a pint in a local pub or an ice cream on the seafront. Your tour will finish back where you started.
Inclusions for Private Group Walking Tour Along The White Cliffs Of Dover And A Guided Tour Of Leeds Castle And The White Cliffs Area From London
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Group Walking Tour Along The White Cliffs Of Dover And A Guided Tour Of Leeds Castle And The White Cliffs Area From London
- Leeds Castle admission and guide fee
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Madame Tussauds Entry Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and London Eye Ticket
- London Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Shrek's Adventure Admission Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Tower of London Ticket
- Vegan Food Tour Experience in London
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 5 Passengers
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 3 Passengers
- Activity and Yoga Retreat