Private Guatemala City Museums: Popol Vuh, Ixchel, Railway And Miraflores MuseumsWrite a Review
OverviewGuatemala City has a small number of museums that tell part of the history of this beautiful country with an ancient culture such as the Maya, dating from the Classic (2000 BC) period before and ends after the independence of Guatemala.
- Excellent value for money
- Exclusive to Viator
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your hotel on time and then you will be transferred to the Museum Popol Vuh, where we find a permanent exhibition contains objects representative of all areas and periods in pre-archeology of Guatemala.
The exhibition It is organized in chronological order, from the earliest evidence of human presence in the territory of Guatemala, until the time of the Spanish conquest.
Then visit the Museo Ixchel del Traje Indigena, which has an important collection textiles made with pieces dating from the late nineteenth century to the present day, from about 120 communities, located mainly in the highlands.
The museum exhibit permanently two pictorial collections: Carmen de Pettersen, consisting of 61 watercolors costumes illustrate the Mayas and 48 oil paintings by Andres Curruchiche, artist Mayakakchiquel Comalapa.
Continuing our journey we find the Railway Museum. By exposure permanent, it offers visitors a number of selected objects that form part of the collection of real estate company Ferrocarriles de Guatemala (FEGUA).
Arriving at Miraflores Museum, observed in the front seat replica one of the hydraulic channels that existed in Kaminaljuyú since 600 BC with what the natives who inhabited this area were formed in hydraulic technology pioneers.
Also highlights in this space, the model that reconstructs buildings Kaminaljuyú, and on which points the area covered in this important ancient city.
Once inside the museum, we appreciate maps, photos and maps of archaeological research in Kaminaljuyú and a huge collection of pottery and stone sculpture of higher quality, and some altarpieces of deities decorated vessels.
Inclusions for Private Guatemala City Museums: Popol Vuh, Ixchel, Railway And Miraflores Museums
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Lunch (if you choose it )
- All activities
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Guatemala City Museums: Popol Vuh, Ixchel, Railway And Miraflores Museums
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Dress code is smart casual
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.