- the Battistero di San Giovanni (Baptistery) - a building that strongly influenced Mediaeval and Renaissance architecture
- the Duomo di Firenze (Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore) - with a detailed description of the interior and exterior
- the excavations of the ancient Cathedral of Santa Reparata - on whose site the Duomo was built
- the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Cathedral museum) with many important sculptures
- Ghiberti's 'Gates of Paradise'
- tickets to climb Giotto's Campanile (bell tower) and spectacular views of Florence from Brunelleschi's Dome.
Tickets to climb the Campanile and see the Dome are at a fixed time and cannot be changed. This will normally be at 12:30 PM if you have taken the morning tour, or at 5:30 PM if you have taken the afternoon tour. Occasionally these might be slightly later (1 PM or 6 PM) especially in the case of last minute bookings.
Please also note that since the tour includes a visit to religious buildings there is a strict dress code - please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tee-shirts or other inappropriate clothing or you may be denied entry.