Private Guided Tour To Dahshur From Cairo
OverviewThis is a private tour to visit the oldest true pyramids, the Red Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid in Dahshur both were built by king Snefru (2600 B.C.), the founder of the Fourth Dynasty and the father of king Cheops.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before meeting your private Egyptologist guide at your hotel at 9am. He'll escort you to your air-conditioned minivan complete with free Wi-Fi for the hour-long journey out to the desert at Dahshur.
Admire the remarkable Bent Pyramid, which stands over 340 feet (104 meters) high, with its weirdly angled sides, and capture shots against the desert sands. This was likely a first attempt by the pharaoh Sneferu, father of Khufu, almost 3,600 years ago.
Next, visit the Red Pyramid, the first smooth-sided pyramid known to history, and almost as vast as Giza's Great Pyramid of Khufu: Sneferu's architects seem to have mastered their calculations by the time they built this one. Should you wish to climb up to the entrance and descend the narrow, 4-feet (1.2-meter) tall tunnel that leads to his vaulted burial chamber, youcan do so independently, as guides are not allowed inside. Please note this isn't suitable for people with asthma or claustrophobia.
Finally, your guide will show you the ruins of the mortuary temple, where the pharaoh's body was prepared for mummification, and the pyramidions, the decorative caps which originally topped the pyramids. You'll be back at your hotel around 1pm,traffic depending.
Inclusions for Private Guided Tour To Dahshur From Cairo
- Wi-Fi in your van
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Guided Tour To Dahshur From Cairo
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 1.5-Hour Quad Bike Tour around the Giza Pyramids from Cairo
- 4-Night Nile Cruise including Flights from Cairo
- Half-Day Private Guided Tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo
- Cairo 10-Night Private Tour to Alexandria and Aswan Including Nile Cruise
- Private Tour: Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
- The Pyramids of Giza and Amir Taz Palace Private Tour