Private Guilin City Tour With Daxu Old Town Including Lunch
OverviewThis tour offers you the best of what Guilin City has to offer at leisure pace. You will visit Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Hill, and Daxu old town.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at 9:00am from the lobby of your downtown Guilin hotel and drive to the Reed Flute Cave. Spend about one hour wandering in the cave by rock stairs. Reed Flute Cave was opened to public in 1962 and received its name from a type of reed growing near the entrance to the cave with fine flute shapes. Inside the cave, there are a large number of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, and stone flowers, all glistening in colorful lights which create breathtaking splendor. You will follow the U-shaped route to see different sights such as "Morning glow over lion jungle," "Waterfall Mountain," "Turkey Hill," "Crystle Palace," "Scent of Melons and Vegetables."
Next, drive to Elephant Hill. The hill received its name because its shape resembles an elephant drinking waterfrom Li river. You will have approximately 50 minutes to explore this park before lunch is served at a nearby local restaurant. After lunch, drive to Daxu old town and explore for about 1 or 2 hours. Daxu was established at the beginning of Song Dynasty (960-1279). The 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) long street in town is paved with cobbles and both sides of the street are filled with single eave one-storey buildings with gray bricks and tiles. These structures are mainly formed in Ming and Qing dynasties and are famous for their magnificence, refinement, and practicality. You could enjoy the narrow street enveloped with shops and restaurants to get a a very nice taste of local style and national features. Local people still maintain their easy-going way of life although Daxu was a bustling trade center in the old time. The town got quieter after 1930s after railways and highways replaced river shipping.
You will be transferred back to your Guilin hotel after your visit to Daxu old town.
Inclusions for Private Guilin City Tour With Daxu Old Town Including Lunch
- Entry fees for Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Hill, Daxu Old Town
- English-speaking private tour guide
- Private transfer
- Chinese lunch
- A bottle of water
Exclusions for Private Guilin City Tour With Daxu Old Town Including Lunch
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vegetarian option is available
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Longji Rice Terraces and Pingan Zhuang Village Day Tour
- Half-Day Tour to Daxu Ancient Town in Guilin
- Day Tour: Best Value Li River Cruise
- Private Tour: Daxu Village and Crown Cave Along Li River from Guilin
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (KWL)
- Private Day Tour of Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Sightseeing From Guilin
- Private Airport Transfer: Guilin Liangjiang International Airport to Downtown Guilin
- Guilin Private Tour: Longji Rice Terraces Day Tour in Longsheng