Private Half Day Bishnoi Village Safari Tour - JodhpurWrite a Review
OverviewThis Jodhpur Village Safari covers the countryside around Jodhpur which is home to many Bishnoi rural tribal group villages and family compounds. Take a private half day tour to these gentle communities of potters, weavers, leather embroiderers and camel herders who have achieved world acclaim for their religious conservationist beliefs.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourFollowing a morning pickup at your centrally located Jodhpur hotel, meet your private guide at 8:30am and take a seat in your vehicle to begin your private 4-hour tour. Then, head to the Bishnoi Village Camp and Resort a community of craftspeople working to keep Rajasthans traditional past times alive.
On arrival, see potters moulding soft clay as they have for centuries, and perhaps give it a try yourself. Watch camel-herders, leather-embroiderers, and craftspeople ply their artisan trades, and visit the site of the Kahejarli massacre where local Bishnoi woman Amrita Devi laid down her life to protect the village from Maharajah Abhay Singh of Jodhpur many years ago.
Continue on to Guda Bishnoi Lake where native antelope and gazelle roam in their natural habitat and birds drink from the cool waters. Capture the natural scenery on camera, then continue on to the Salawas weavers village.
Here, watch weavers at work producing cotton or wool rugs the traditional way, and admire the myriad blends of colour they create. At approximately 12:30pm, return to your Jodhpur hotel to conclude your tour.
Inclusions for Private Half Day Bishnoi Village Safari Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Jodhpur City limits
- Private guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions
Exclusions for Private Half Day Bishnoi Village Safari Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.