If you are interested in walking through the maze of Hanoi Old Quarter and enjoying Vietnamese cuisine, but are short on time, this food tour might be the perfect choice for you.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAt 8:30am our tour guide will meet you at your hotel and we will start the trip by going for a Vietnamese-style breakfast. This could be a unique experience for you, as we will be waiting on quite a long queue like other local people at a famous restaurant in the Old Quarter to have our breakfast served. The main dish could be either a pack of sticky rice or a bowl of Pho, the iconic Vietnamese noodle soup. You will not only have a chance to enjoy delicious dishes, but also can experience the bustling atmosphere of Hanoi in the morning and the pace of life here. After that we will go for a cup of egg coffee - also known as Vietnamese cappuccino - at one of the most well-known coffee shops in town, which has been featured on many international travel magazines.
Next, we will take a short walk around the Old town and drop-in some ancient houses to witness the architecture in mixed Vietnamese and Chinese style, and explore some streets among the famous “36 Streets of Hanoi” which has the street name originated from the popular goods produced and sold at that street. Try to figure out how to cross the streets and how to bargain in Vietnam.
12:00 - 12:30: It's time to dig deeper in Vietnamese cuisine from the North to the South by dropping by some Hue or Ho Chi Minh local food stores based in Hanoi, which keep the truest taste of the local dishes, and also are guaranteed for high hygiene. You can choose to enjoy either the super tasty traditional cakes from Hue for the Middle Vietnamese style; or Bun Bo Nam Bo (Southern Vietnamese noodle with beef) or Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pan Cake) for the Southern style.
After that our bus will drop you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Hanoi Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels in the Old Quarter only)
- Breakfast: either Xoi (sticky rice) or Pho Bo (Vietnamese beef noodle soup)
- Lunch: either Bun Bo Nam Bo (Southern Vietnamese noodle with beef) or Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pan Cake)
- Private driver & English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle with air-con
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Hanoi Food Tour
- Drinks, personal expenses and other services not mentioned above
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.