Private Half-Day Old Delhi Food And Photo Tour Plus Rickshaw
OverviewDelhi is considered the food capital of India and is known throughout the country for its delectable food and drinks. Be transported back 400 years and glide through the narrow lanes of old Delhi where every wall has a story to tell. With this 4-hour guided tour for no more than 8 you will get to taste the delicacies from the numerous eateries that line the historical alleys, and take photographs of architectural marvels, beautifully decorated shops, ethnically dressed men and women. Delhi is a treat to the traveling soul and a fresh canvas to photographers eyes.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Several menus to choose from
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAfter being collected by private air-conditioned vehicle from your accommodations in central Delhi in early afternoon, the first stop will be Jalebi Wali Gali where you will see the thick and juicy Jalebis, the golden colored rings deep-fried flour batter, soaked in sugar syrup. Then move ahead to Natraj Dahi Bhalle Wala, one of the oldest and most famous food corners where they serve the soft dahi bhalle, made of flour crispies. Boiled potato cubes and cooked chickpeas are added with variety of sauces of tamarind and mint.
The next stop is Paranthe Wali Gali. The food is strictly vegetarian here, and varieties of parantha (bread with stuffing) are served. The paranthas are usually served with sweet tamarind chutney, mint chutney, mixed vegetable pickle, potato curry, and a saute mash of sweet pumpkin. While sampling the delicacies dont forget to capture the moment with your lens.
After, visit the Kinari Bazaar, a wholesale retail market for beautiful traditional dresses used in marriages and colorful festivals.
Then it's off to Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, one of the nine historical Gurudwaras of Delhi. It marks the site where the ninth Sikh Gurus was beheaded on the orders of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb on 11 November, 1675 for refusing to convert to Islam.
Stroll through the beautiful spice market of Khari Baoli, the largest spice market in Asia. In the narrow alleys of the market you will find thousands of shops dealing in local herbs and spices including red chilies, peppers, saffron, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, and many more. This is one of the most vibrant and colorful markets of Delhi, a photographers paradise.
After the spice market, walk to the Fatehpuri Masjid. You can then ride the rickshaw to the Red Fort which will pass through the bustling colorful market witnessing the spectacular Mughal architecture all around you.
After, you and your collection of memories will be dropped off back at your central Delhi hotel at approximately 6pm.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Old Delhi Food And Photo Tour Plus Rickshaw
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Delhi only
- Foodasper itinerary
- Rickshaw ride
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private small-group tour
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Old Delhi Food And Photo Tour Plus Rickshaw
- Gratuities (optional)
- Professional photographer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
Note: there will be no professional photographer but the guide will show you places where you can use your lenses for the perfect picture
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.