Private Half-Day Overview Of Historical Bangkok
OverviewThis 4 hour private tour gives you a great insight into historical Bangkok and its more revered streets.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
8.00am - Pick up from various hotel in Bangkok area.
8.30am - Visit Wat Tri Mit, which is known for its Golden Buddha made more than 700 years ago in a style typical of the Sukhothai period. The Buddha is solid gold, 3 meters tall and weighs 5.5 tons. The Golden Buddha has previously been covered in plaster so it would not be attractive to enemies.
9.30am - Visit Wat Pho. Wat Pho is a very large temple complex in central Bangkok. This is where the enormous Reclining Buddha can be found, made in 1832 it was built to draw people attention to Buddha's nirvana. With a length of 46 meters and a height of 15 meters, it is the biggest of its kind in the world. The statue also has beautiful mother of pearl engraving on the soles of its feet.
10.30am - We drive along "Rajadamnoen Avenue" a historic Bangkok road, linking the Grand Palace to the Dusit Palace in the new royal district. The road was Inspired by the Champs-lyses and other European boulevards and the King used the road as a route for grand royal parades (Ratchadamnoen literally means "royal procession"), which served to project images of a modern monarchy. We terminate at the Royal Plaza in front of the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall.
We then pass the distinctive Democracy Monument which was erected in 1939 in remembrance of the introduction of the constitutional monarchy and the new constitution of Thailand in 1932. The Italian Corrado Feroci built the 24 meter monument.
11.00am - Visit The Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall a former reception hall within Dusit Palace. It now serves as a museum and is from time to time employed for certain state occasions. We then move on to Wat Benchamabophit, an elegant temple complex Wat Benchamabophit waw built under King Rama V between 1900 to 1910. The interior of the central temple hall is very beautifully executed in various materials including gold .
12:00pm - We transfer back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Overview Of Historical Bangkok
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Overview Of Historical Bangkok
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Highlights and Hidden Gems of Bangkok
- Half-Day Bangkok Highlights by Tuk Tuk
- Bangkok Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya River
- Bangkok International Airport Private Transfer to Hotels in Rayong
- Bangkok to Koh Samui Including VIP Coach and High Speed Catamaran
- Half-Day Private Tour: The Best of Bangkok Temples
- 5-Hour Bangkok Bike Tour including Lunch
- Bangkoks Hidden Treasures Walking Tour