Private Half-Day Santiago Walking TourWrite a Review
OverviewTake a 4-hour private guided walking tour of Santiago which introduces you the historical center of the city and surrounding neighborhoods. Get a glimpse of local life while strolling through Bellavista neighborhood. Walk along Santiago's plazas, commercial center, markets and notable museums. Peak in La Piojera, one of the oldest bars renamed due a president's reported insult in 1922. Climb San Cristobal hill via cable car to reach the top for incredible panoramic views. Choose from a morning or afternoon departure.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide at La Mondeda Metro Station, begin your private walking tour of central Santiago. Take a short walk to the governmental palace, La Moneda and Constitution Square. Listen to your guide tell stories about the years during the military coup in Chile linked in this historic area.
Head over to the oldest street in Santiago, New York Street, and visit the commercial center of the city. Afterwards, you'll stroll over to the main square - Plaza de Armas. Here, your guide will provide an introduction to the history of Santiago and provide insight into the importance of this historic place. Observe the Mapuche monument, Santiago Post Office, City Hall, the National Historical Museum, as well as enter the Santiago Cathedral featuring some of the best architecture in the city. Spend about 15-20 minutes at each site during the tour.
Proceed towards the Central Market, where you'll visit the local fish market. Then continue to Santiago´s most traditional bar - La Piojera. Originally called "Restaurant Santiago Antiguo," La Piojera took its name - The Fleahouse - as it resonated with the locals due to the president's reported exclamation in 1922, "And I have been brought to this fleahouse?"
Next, explore Santiago Fine Arts Museum (closed Mondays), featuring a plethora of Chilean art, and Bellavista neighborhood, including the vivid Lastarria neighborhood where we will end our tour.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Santiago Walking Tour
- Bilingual English/Spanish guide
- Photos (Optional - digital images will be emailed or sent via WhatsApp post-tour, depending on your preference)
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Santiago Walking Tour
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age 8
Walking will consist of approximately 2.5 - 4 miles (4 - 6 kilometers) mainly over sidewalks and park roads
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
Santiago Fine Arts Museum is closed on Mondays. Alternate itinerary will be substituted, depending on availability or preferences
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chilean Folklore Show And Dinner With Private Transport
- Private Full-Day Tour Of Santiago
- Santiago Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Isla Negra And Pablo Neruda Museum Day Trip From Santiago
- Surfing Day Trip From Santiago
- Small-Group Valparaiso And Wine Tour From Santiago
- Private Full Day Tour: Portillo Ski Center And Inca Lagoon From Santiago
- Mapocho Golf Club From Santiago
- City Tour And Wine Tour Concha Y Toro Or Santa Rita
- Create Your Own Wine Private Tour From Santiago