OverviewBook this half-day Thai Cooking Class in Chiang Mai to learn authentic Thai from master in culinary arts, Mr. Chanrat “Air” Karatna.
The lesson will be conducted in a private house (expansive outdoor kitchen) located 0.5 miles (800m) from Chiang Mai Railway Station and 15-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. The huge open air kitchen’s unique design draws from professional experience is purpose built, and surrounded itself with herb and spice gardens.
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourAfter being picked up from your Chiang Mai hotel at 8.30am, head straight to Siriwattana Market for a hour-long tour. Accompanied by your guide, Mr Chanrat “Air” Karatna, an experienced local chef, learn more about typical Thai vegetables, herbs, and spices as you browse the market stalls, and help purchase the ingredients needed for your cooking class.
Continue to the cooking school, where you'll select the dishes you wish to cook and be assigned an individual cooking station in the open-air kitchen. After watching a demonstration from your instructor, set to work creating an array of traditional Thai dishes. Depending on the day's menu, perhaps prepare a tasty Tom Yum Goong (Hot and Sour Prawn Soup), a spicy Gaeng Khiew Waan Gai (Green Curry with Chicken), or a classic Phad Thai (Thai Style Fried Rice Noodles). You'll also be given the recipes to take away with you and tips for ingredient substitutions to help you recreate your favorite dishes back home.
Finally, tuck into your delicious homemade creations as you sit down to lunch. After eating, your driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class In Chiang Mai
- Bottled water and lunch
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (city hotel only)
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class In Chiang Mai
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.