Private Half-Day Tour: Amazing Highlights Of Old Shanghai
OverviewThis half-day tour is perfect for travelers with limited time to get a quick, but comprehensive view of Shanghai's history, culture, tastes and sounds. You will visit a beautiful and historic garden, stroll through the streets of old Shanghai while exploring 100 year-old homes and visit a famous temple. Along the way you'll sample delicious local soup dumplings and enjoy a relaxing tea ceremony... all in just 3 and 1/2 hours! The major attractions in this tour include: The Yuyuan Garden, historic backstreets of Old Shanghai, Confucius Temple and much more!If you start your tour after 2:00PM, you'll replace the visit inside Yuyuan Garden with a visit to the Bund and an amazing Huangpu River cruise.
Know More about this tourYour tour guide will meet you at yourdesired starting point in the city center, typically your hotel lobby, at your desired time. The start time is flexible, but note that itinerary will change if you desired to start your tour after 2:00PM since the Confucius Temple and Yuyuan Garden will close at 4:00. After your guide meets you, your 3 1/2 Amazing Highlights of Old Shanghai tour begins as you take a taxi or public transportation to the first stop.
First, you will visit Yuyuan Garden,a famous classical garden in southern China which is over 400 years old built in Ming Dynasty, the area around the garden has been the downtown of the city for several hundred years. Walking around this area will also introduce you to traditional Chinese shops and homes. If you need some souvenirs, nearby you also find unique items such as pearls, jade, tea and silk as well as inexpensive Chinese ornamental items.
From here you'll take a short walk to the historic district of Old Shanghai. You'll see traditional homes that are over 100 years old including seeing homes that are boarded up and marked for destruction as Shanghai races to modernity. This is a must see unique area in this modern city! You can even talk to the locals with your tour guide as translator and peer inside homes.
Along your walk we'll stop for delicious soup dumplings a favorite delicacy of both locals and foreigners. They overflow with juices as you bite into the specially seasoned filling of meats and vegetables.
Next, you'll visit the Confucius Temple, the top university in the history of Shanghai. It was built in 1291 and the only place to pay respects to Confucius in the city. Here you'll enjoy a relaxing Confucian Tea ceremony where you'll sample a variety of local tea flavors and learn the many benefits of various teas.
Note that if your tour starts after 2:00, instead of visiting the Confucius Temple, you willvisit the Bund Areawhere we will enjoy 100-year oldarchitecture and enjoyexciting views of both east and west Shanghai while taking a cruise down the Huangpu Rivers. This area was controlled by the British during the concessions period.
After your 3 1/2 hour tour, your guide will be send back to your hotel or somewhere in the city center you prefer.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour: Amazing Highlights Of Old Shanghai
- Personal tour guide services
- Metro fees from hotel to first site and return
- All entrance fees
- Authentic soup dumplings
- Confucian Tea Ceremony
- Guide will meet you at your centrally located hotel and return you to your hotel.
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour: Amazing Highlights Of Old Shanghai
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress comfortably and for the season
Please wear comfortable shoes
If you choose a departure time after 2:00PM, note the change in itinerary (but equally awesome tour!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops