Private Half-Day Tour: Golkonda Fort And Qutb Shahi Tombs From Hyderabad
OverviewJoin us for the private half-day tour to the amazing Golkonda Fort and Qutb Shahi Tombs from Hyderabad. Your knowledgeable guide will accompany you during the tour and explain all the history and interesting aspects of this magnificent fort that was built around the 13th century. Later visit the nearby Qutb Shahi Tombs that were built on a square base surrounded by pointed arches as a distinctive style that integrates Pashtun, Persian and Hindu architecture.
- Excellent value for money
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourPickup from your hotel in Hyderabad at 9 am and leave for Golkonda Fort. Golkonda Fort is one of the most magnificent fortress complexes in India and it was once famous for its diamond mines. The history of Golkonda Fort dates back to the early 13th century when this south eastern part of the country was ruled by the Kakatiyas. It is built on a granite hill 120 meters high and is surrounded by crenelated ramparts constructed of large masonry blocks weighing several tonnes. The outer wall that is surrounding the entire township of Golconda is about 11 kilometers long and is strongly fortified. The road from Golconda to outer Hyderabad used to be a fabulous market selling jewellery, diamonds, pearls and other gems, which were famous all over the world.
We will also visit nearby Qutb Shahi Tombs that are the tombs of the seven Qutb Shahi rulers in the Ibrahim Bagh. In the center of each tomb, there is a sarcophagus that overlies the actual burial vault in a crypt below. The tombs are domed structures built on a square base surrounded by pointed arches. The mausoleums of the Sultans of Golconda, the founding rulers of Hyderabad are truly magnificent monuments that have stood the test of time and braved the elements. When the tour is concluded, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour: Golkonda Fort And Qutb Shahi Tombs From Hyderabad
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hyderabad downtown
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Local taxes
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour: Golkonda Fort And Qutb Shahi Tombs From Hyderabad
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Airport transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved, including on uneven surfaces
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Hyderabad Day Tour: British Residency, Paigah Tombs and BadShahi Ashukhana
- Half-Day Tour of Hyderabad's Old City
- Guided Museums Day Tour in Hyderabad
- Private Hyderabad Transfer Airport to Hotel
- Private Tour: Hyderabad City Day Tour
- Private Full-Day Hyderabad Tour
- Private Tour: Evening Hyderabad City Tour including Boat Ride, Laser Show and Dinner