Private Half-Day Tour Of Boudhanath And Pashupatinath Temples - Kathmandu
OverviewOn this 4-hour private tour, visit two of the most significant temples in Nepal. Pashupatinath Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Monument, is considered to be the holiest Hindu pilgrimage place in Nepal. Although only Hindus are allowed inside temple, visitors can clearly see the temple and the activities performed in the temple premises from the eastern bank of the Bagmati river. Also visit Boudhanath Temple, which has become one of the most important centers of Tibetan Buddhism. Today it remains an important place of pilgrimage and meditation for Tibetan Buddhists and local Nepalis, and is a popular tourist site.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAt 10am (or your requested departure time), you will be picked upfrom your hotel or from Kathmandu airport to begin yourtour.
Your first stop will bePashupatinath Temple, the most sacred of the Hindu temples in Nepal dedicated to lord Shiva. Pashupatinath has received the attention of worshippers for at least fifteen hundred years. Dedicated to Shiva the lord of Destruction, the temple is situated on the banks of the Bagmati River. A circuit of the Pashupatinath area takes visitors past a sixth century statue of the Buddha, an eighth century statue of Brahma the Creator freshly painted skeletal images guarding temple gates, and other magnificent temples dedicates to various deities in the complex.
Near Pashupatinath is another historic and holy temple of Guheswari. Only Hindus are allowed to enter the temple courtyard.
Your last stop will be Boudhanath Temple(or Bodnath Stupa). This is the largest stupa in Nepal, which lies a further 2 km north from Pashupatinath Temple. It is also considered to be theholiest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside Tibet. It is the center of Tibetan culture in Kathmandu and rich in Buddhist symbolism. The stupa is located in the town of Boudha, on the eastern outskirts of Kathmandu. Learn about the many symbolism in thestupa's architecture
Afterwards,you will be dropped off at the airport or back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of Boudhanath And Pashupatinath Temples
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel or airport
- Transport by private vehicle
- One time entrance fee of the monument and temples
- English speaking local guide
- 2 Mineral water bottles per person
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of Boudhanath And Pashupatinath Temples
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all other travelers
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please dress modestly.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half-Day Kathmandu Handicraft Workshop with Seven Women
- Private Twin Village Excursion from Kathmandu
- Nagarkot and Changu Narayan Hiking Tour from Kathmandu
- Pashupatinath Temple and Bodhnath Stupa Tour from Kathmandu
- Day Trip to Nagarkot and Sightseeing in Bhaktapur
- Private 4-Hour Bhaktapur Sightseeing Tour