On this 4-hour private tour, visit two of the cities most well-known attractions. Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage site, showcases spectacular architecture and the skills of the Newar artists and craftsmen over several centuries.Â Swayambhunath Temple is the oldest Buddhist shrine and is theÂ best place to observe religious harmony between Nepalese Buddhists and Hindus.Â The stupa is atop a hill, and requires considerable walk but from here, you will see beautiful views of Kathmandu Valley,
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Family friendly
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourAt 10am (or your requested departure time), you will be picked upÂ from your hotel or from Kathmandu airport to begin your sightseeing tour.
Your first stop will be Kathmandu Durbar Square or Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square, the plaza in front of the old royal palace of the then Kathmandu Kingdom. It is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The royal palace was originally at Dattaraya square and was later moved to the Durbar square location. The Kathmandu Durbar Square holds the palaces of the Malla and Shah Kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds quadrangles revealing courtyards and temples. It is known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square, a name derived from a statue of Hanuman, the monkey devotee of Lord Ram, at the entrance of the palace.
Afterwards, proceed to visitÂ Swayambhunath Temple,Â colloquially known as the 'monkey temple' because of the large tribe of roving monkeys who guard the temple.Â Situated on the top of a hill, it provides an excellent view of the Kahmandu Valley. It is said to have evolved spontaneously when the valley was created out of a primordial lake more than 2,000 years ago. The stupa is one of the most ancient in this part of the world and its worshipers come from diverse ethical backgrounds. Huge prayer wheels and fine Buddhist paintings are displayed in the monasteries, as well as the largest Buddha statue in the country.
After visiting the temple, you will be dropped off at the airport or back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of Kathmandu Darbar Square And Swayambhunath Temple
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel or airport
- Transport by private vehicle
- One time entrance fee of the monument and temples
- English speaking local guide
- 2 Mineral water bottles per person
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of Kathmandu Darbar Square And Swayambhunath Temple
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Adult pricing applies to all other travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.