Private Half-Day Tour Of St Petersburg With Faberge Museum - Saint Petersburg
OverviewExplore the most notable places in Saint-Petersburg with a private local guide for 4-hours. Get a rare glimpse into the history of Saint-Petersburg from its founding in 1703 all the way to modern times. Learn about the culture and the people of the city that has become the cradle of Russian civilization. Receive a basic understanding of the city and its people. This tour includes entrance fees, audio Guide, hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- All entrance fees included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel and head toward the Nevsky prospect, the main artery of Saint-Petersburg. While admiring the beauty of the Nevsky Prospect and the hundreds of canals and streets coming off it. Your guide will provide you a brief history of the founding of the city and how it became the capital of the Russian Empire. After you reach the famous Hermitage Museum on the Palace Square and admire the architectural wonders of Bartolomeo Rastrelli, you will head down the Palace Embankment toward the statue of the Bronze Horseman (Peter the Great) on the Thunder Stone. From here, you will be able to enjoy a beautiful view seeing the Vasilyevsky Island and The Menshikov Palace on the other side of Neva River. From the monument, your guide will take you to the Kazan Cathedral, which was modeled on the building of St. Peters Basilica in Rome.
Continue down Griboyedov Embankment past the Singer House (also known as the House of Books) toward another famous Church - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, a truly unforgettable sanctuary that reminds many of the St.Basils Cathedral in Moscow. After visiting the cathedral you will step into Mikhailovsky Sad (Michaels Garden) one of the most beautiful parks of Imperial Russia. The fresh air, trees, a pond with a bridge and the two styles of park landscape (French and English) will give you a break from St.Petersburgs architecture.
As you pass through the park you will head toward another memorable destination Field of Mars (Marsovo Pole). The park is named after the Roman god of War Mars. The park was established almost simultaneously with the founding of St.Petersburg. The park currently serves both as a memorial and as a reminder of the victories of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union. The Field of Mars was the first park to ignite the Eternal Flame which became the symbol of commemoration of the soldiers that died during World War II.
After a stroll through these two parks, you will head to the famous Faberge Museum. The museum has a collection of over 4,000 works of decorative and fine arts, including paintings, porcelain, and bronze. The highlight of the museum's collection is the group of nine Imperial Easter eggs created by Fabergé for the last two Zars of Russia. Your guide will show the most notable pieces of this remarkable collection - we promise you that the Blue Room of the museum will take your breath away.
At the end of the tour your guide will be happy to answer any possible questions that you still may have, suggest a place to eat or just take you back to your place of stay.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of St Petersburg With Faberge Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Audio Guide
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour Of St Petersburg With Faberge Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Non-alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please wear comfortable shoes
This tour is also especially well suited for those who have a short time in St. Petersburg
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Treasures of St Petersburg - Two-Day Private Tour with Faberge Museum
- Treasures of St Petersburg - 2-Day Private Shore Excursion with Faberge Museum
- 1-day Private Tour - Highlights of St Petersburg & Hermitage Museum
- Two-Day Private Tour of St Petersburg visiting Tsarskoye Selo & Pavlovsk
- 2-day Comfortable Shore Excursion - St Petersburg with Tsarskoye Selo & Pavlovsk
- Private Tour to the Fountains of Peterhof and Catherine's Palace by Hydrofoil
- Evening Shore Excursion - Chamber Classical Music Concert with Transfer
- Two-Day Private Visa-Free Excursion - Best of St Petersburg & Faberge Museum