Private Half Day Tour To Madaba And Mount Nebo From Dead SeaWrite a Review
From USD 120.5
OverviewWitness two of Jordans historical treasures on this half-day private tour from Dead Sea! Traveling in a private vehicle, the tour takes you to St Georges Church in Madaba, home of the celebrated Madaba Map, an exquisite floor mosaic showing the ancient Holy Land and Jordan. Then, visit Mt Nebo, where Moses reputedly saw the Promised Land. Absorb the panoramic views and visit the hilltop, excavated church to see its breathtaking age-old mosaics. This private tour ensures you enjoy the full attention of your driver and local guides at both sites.
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a pickup from your Dead Sea hotel. Relax into your private, air-conditioned vehicle with your knowledgeable driver, and travel south to Madaba, known for its exquisite Byzantine mosaics.
After roughly an hour, arrive in Madaba and head inside St George’s Church with a local guide. This 19th-century Greek Orthodox basilica is home to the famous Madaba Mosaic Map, a 6th-century AD floor mosaic that depicts the ancient Holy Land and Jordan. Gaze at this masterpiece and its richly detailed renderings of Jerusalem, Jericho, the Dead Sea and other biblical sites as your guide explains how it was unearthed in 1897.
Having admired the mosaic, drive to Mt Nebo, the hill where, according to the bible, Moses was not only granted a view of the Promised Land but also died. Take in the stunning views from the summit that extend over the Jordan Valley, and on a clear day, can stretch as far as Jericho and Jerusalem.
Meet up with a local guide and go inside the excavated remains of the Byzantine church that once graced the hilltop. Here, archaeologists have uncovered a series of floor mosaics dating from between the 4th and 6th century AD. Marvel at these intricate artworks with their still-vivid illustrations of peacocks, soldiers, horses and hunters, as your guide shares facts about their creation and discovery.
After your visit, return to your vehicle and make the drive back to Amman. Your tour ends with a drop-off at your Dead Sea Hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half Day Tour To Madaba And Mount Nebo From Dead Sea
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to St George's Church in Madaba and to Mt Nebo
- Local guide at each site
Exclusions for Private Half Day Tour To Madaba And Mount Nebo From Dead Sea
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.