OverviewFirst visit the City of the Dead (Qarafa) that has been used as a burial ground for Cairo since its foundation in the 10th century.The proceed to the the Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali inside the citadel of Saladin. This beautiful mosque with its high minarets (269 ft/ 82m high) represents the Ottoman style of architecture and it dominates Cairo skyline.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourStart this day of adventure by meeting your private, qualified tour guide in your hotel to head for the Qarafa, City of the Dead, in your private, modern a/c van (WiFi on board). City of the Dead has been used as a burial ground for Cairo since its foundation in the 10th century, now parts of it are used as houses by the living. there you will see beautiful mausoleums and mosques such as the Complex of Sultan Qaytbay (1478).
Then you will move to visit the citadel of Saladin with its massive walls and dominating towers and the famous alabaster mosque inside it, this mosque (1821-1856) of Mohamed Ali Pasha, the founder of modern Egypt, is an excellent example of the Ottoman style of architecture.
Your guide will drive you back to your hotel when the tour is finished.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Tour To The City Of The Dead And The Alabaster Mosque Inside The Citadel In Cairo
- WiFi in your van
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Welcome drink
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Tour To The City Of The Dead And The Alabaster Mosque Inside The Citadel In Cairo
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.