Private Half Day Tour: Viking History Trip From StockholmWrite a Review
OverviewDive into theexciting Swedish Viking era on a private 5 hour guided tour from Stockholm. Visit important Viking sites of bighistorical value. Look at pretty rune stones and hear the messages that they want you to know. See one of Swedens most impressive Vendel age sights and learn about the ancestors of the Vikings. Hear the sagas about Viking mythology and touch replicas of finds from archaeological digs. Hotel pick up and drop off are included.
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourStart from your hotel in Stockholm. Journey into the pretty Swedish countryside. Sense that you are starting to go back in time when you travel through the beautiful landscape and nature. Catch views of some red traditional Swedish countryside houses.
Next, visit a Viking parliament and feel the presence of ancient power. Imagine the Viking men sitting in the parliament making mighty decisions. Stop next at Jarlabankes rune stone bridge in Täby. Hear the intriguing tale about Jarlabanke, the great Viking lord who was a super-magnate. Learn about the Viking bridges and roads that tied Sweden and laid the foundation to our nation.
Visit Broby Bro, a well excavated Viking grave field. Learn about how the Vikings buried their dead and what happened to them in the afterlife. Hear the story about Estrid, a aristocrat Viking woman in the Stockholm region.
And of course. Enjoy one of Sweden's most beautiful towns, Sigtuna who fas founded in the late 10th century. Stroll on its main street who has traditional houses preserved from the 18th century and a street layout rooted in the Viking times.
Return then to Stockholm and your accomodation.
Inclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Viking History Trip From Stockholm
- A historic time travel experience
- All taxes and surcharges
- A taste of Viking inspired mead
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private, small-group tour
Exclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Viking History Trip From Stockholm
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Private tour will have a maximum of 8 persons
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.