Private Half Day Tour: Visit Forbidden City And Hutong By Beijing Public Transportation
OverviewForbidden City and Hutong tour is classical line to understand the culture of Beijing. Your professional English tour guide will give detailed introductions in the Forbidden City so that you can have a better picture about the emperor's living environment as well as some stories about their family. HuTong is the local neighborhood near by Forbidden City where you can observe the local people's day to day life. You will take public transportation metro to both attractions.Note: This is a group pricing for up to 9 people.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThe Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987 as the "Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties",and is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. Forbidden City is 720.000 square meters, and it's a must see attraction when you are in Beijing. Your visiting time here is around 2 hours(emperor's working area, residential area and imperial garden).
After visiting Forbidden City, your tour guide will take you to see "the culture of Hutong" and "the culture of courtyard". People often say they are the real culture of Beijing! "Hutong" is a Mongolian word, meaning "Water Well". It is a typical lane or small ally in Beijing that originated during the Yuan Dynasty(1271-1368). During that time, water well is the settlement around which people lived. There are tens of thousands of them surrounding the Forbidden City.
In the past, Beijing was composed of countless courtyards. Hutongs were formed when people left a passageway between two courtyards to make entering them more convenient. As the symbol of Beijing City, a Hutong has its own layout and structure, which makes it a wonder in the world. When taking a bird's eye view of Beijing, you will find the combination of Hutongs and courtyards just like an orderly chessboard with delicate gardens, fine rockeries, and ancient ruins. They have witnessed the development of Beijing. Where there is such a small lane, there is a story. You will spend about an hour to walk around in Hutong neighborhood.
For this tour, you will follow your tour guide to Metro station from your hotel. You will learn how to purchase metro tickets there, and which metro line you should take to both Forbidden City and Hutong area . Your tour guide will tell you about the history and traditions for both attractions along the way. When your tour is finished, Your tour guide will take you back to your hotel by Beijing metro.
Inclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Visit Forbidden City And Hutong By Beijing Public Transportation
- Professional English guide
- Walking Tour
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Exclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Visit Forbidden City And Hutong By Beijing Public Transportation
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to/from attractions/hotel
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This is a group pricing, a maximum of 9 people per booking
Dress code is casual and with comfortable shoes
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch
- Small Group Nightlife Tour with Local Expert in Beijing
- Beijing Group Coach Day Tour: Explore Juyongguan Great Wall and The Forbidden City including Lunch
- Beijing International Transfer: Airport (PEK) to Hotel Roundtrip