Private Half Day Tour: Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town With Local Delicacies - Shanghai
OverviewEnjoy this short trip just one hour outside of Shanghai to the serene charm of Zhujiajiao ancient water town. On this 4 1/2 hour tour you'll ride a gondola beneath ancient bridges and stroll Qing dynasty streets and explore Ming and Qing dynasty architecture while diving into local shops. Along the way you'll sample local delicacies such as sticky rice dumplings (zong zi) and steamed pork wrapped in bamboo leaves (zha rou) as well as traditional Chinese candies.
Know More about this tour
As this is a private tour, you can choose your desired starting time and your guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your downtown Shanghai hotel.
First, you'll relax on the one-hour drive to the ancient water village of Zhujiajiao as you leave the metropolis of Shanghai and transition to rural China. With centuries of history, Zhujiajiao is famous for its scenic bridges and charismatic alleyways as well as its local snacks and rice wine. It flourished during the Ming and Qing dynasties and many of its weathered stone buildings date back to that era.
As you walk along the narrow streets, you'll visit traditional buildings, old shops, and unique food and handicraft stalls. You'll be amazed at the ancient architecture, including the 16th-century Fangsheng Bridge with its five arches, and watery vistas. While exploring the local culture, you'll also sample local sticky rice dumplings and other authentic delicacies.
From here, you'll take to the river for a hand-poled gondola ride. It's the perfect way to experience how local residents traveled for hundreds of years and get an insight into the movement of people and goods that made this ancient town so prosperous. You can still see Zhujiajiao's inhabitants going about their business via the integrated waterways.
After your relaxing gondola ride, your guide and driver will take you back to your Shanghai hotel or your chosen downtown Shanghai destination approximately 4 and 1/2 hours after your start time. This is a great tour to experience China's rich history just a short distance from modern Shanghai.
Inclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town With Local Delicacies
- Private guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle with ample room based on your group size with experienced driver
- Entrance fees
- Gondola ride
- Local delicacies
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Half Day Tour: Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town With Local Delicacies
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops