Private Half-Day Visit To Thonburi Canals And Old City By Long Tail Boat - Bangkok
OverviewHistorically, the Thai capital Bangkok was crisscrossed by khlongs (canals), and gained the nickname "Venice of the East". Khlongs were used for transportation and for floating markets, but also for sewage disposal. Today, most of the khlongs of Bangkok have been filled in, although the Thonburi side of Bangkok (covering areas west of Chao phraya river) still retains several of its larger khlongs.This private half day tour explores the areas areound the canals and gives you a great insight into their history.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
We have a morning and afternoon departure and both follow a similar Itinerary
8am Pick up from various hotel in Bangkok area.
8.30am Arrive at the pier to take longtail James Bond boat to visit old city of "Thonburi".
9.30am Visit " Royal Barge Museum " : As early as the 13th century in the Sukhothai Kingdom, the kings of Thailand had pageants on the water on special occasions. The tradition was carried on in Ayutthaya and later in Bangkok where the absolute king sailed in the beautiful Royal in 1932.
When Atyutthaya was devastated in 1767, the Royal Barges were also destroyed and a new fleet had to be built. After many years of service, the Royal Barges were damaged during th bombing raids of the Second World War and shortly after the end of the war. King Bhumibol (Rama IX) initiated a restoration of the barges. The National Museum of Royal Barge opened in 1972 and 8 of 51 Royal Barges can be seen there.
10.00am Visit "Wat Arun": Wat Arun is also called The Temple of Dawn the name is due to the beautiful reflections of the sun in the glazed ceramic tiles of the temple in the morning, when Wat Arun allegedly is at its most beautiful. It is, however, also an unforgettable experience to watch the sun set behind the temple prangs.
10.30 am Visit the distinctive Democracy Monument erected in 1939 in remembrance of the introduction of the constitutional monarchy and the new constitution of Thailand in 1932. The Italian Corrado Feroci made the monument. It is 24 metres tall, symbolizing of the date of the event, which was 24 June 1932.
11.00am Drive to The Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall a former reception hall within Dusit Palace in Bangkok. It now serves as a museum and is from time to time employed for certain state occasions. Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall was used as the headquarters of the People's Party during the four days of the 1932 Revolution (June 2427), which transformed the country's political system from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional one. The first National People's Assembly convened on June 28, 1932 in this throne hall. After that, it was used as the Parliament House until 1974 when the new Parliament House was opened to the north. However, the old Parliament House is still used for the State Opening of Parliament marking the first assembly in consequence of a general election for the House of Representatives.
12.00am Transfer back to hotel.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Visit To Thonburi Canals And Old City By Long Tail Boat
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Visit To Thonburi Canals And Old City By Long Tail Boat
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Bangkok Street Food and Canal Tour by Long tail boat
- Maeklong Railway & Amphawa Floating Market with Firefly Boat Tour from Bangkok
- Private Kanchanaburi Erawan Waterfall&Thai-Burma Death Railway Tour from Bangkok
- Private Tour: Hua Hin Day Tour from Bangkok
- Authentic Floating Market And Cooking Class From Bangkok
- Songkran Festival Experience
- Private Tour: Bangkok Culture And Communities Exploration Tour
- Thai Art and Craft Workshop in Nakhon Pathom from Bangkok