Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of The New Territories Region In Hong KongWrite a Review
OverviewIn this 4-hour tour, meet your expert guide at a local train station take a journey off the beaten path to explore the New Territories. Focus is placed on the historic Ping Shan Heritage Trail, starting with Hong Kong's oldest pagoda, Tsui Shing Lau. Then, meander through Hang Tau Tsuen and Hang Mei Tsuen. This is a journey through three villages, old temples and ancestral halls. Thereafter, learn about Hong Kong's local culture and day-to-day life in the fascinating Yuen Long District.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your licensed tour guide at Tin Shui Wan MTR Station at 10am to begin your 4-hour private walking tour of the New Territories, including Ping Shan Heritage Trail which has been populated by the Tang people since the late Yuan dynasty (1271-1368), and Yuen Long District. New Territories is the area between urban Kowloon and Mainland China where close to 50% of the population lives. As such, you'll be missing a lot if you don't explore this area.
Among many of the attractions you will see include:
- Tsui Shing Lau Pagoda, Hong Kong's oldest pagoda
- Shrine of the Earth God, which protects villages and homes
- Sheung Cheung Wai, a 200-year-old walled village
- Yeung Hau Temple, dedicated to the deity Hau Wong
- Tang Ancestral Hall, where you'll learn about the importance of Ancestral worship in our Chinese culture
- Yu Kiu Ancestral Hall, a place where children of Ping Shan villages used to study
- Kun Ting Study Hall, an architecture that reflects beautiful craftsmanship
- Ching Shu Hin, an old guesthouse for scholars and prominent visitors
- Hung Shing Temple, popular among fisherman
- Old Ping Shan Police Station, a Grade II Historic Building
- Yuen Long District, a lively neighbourhood where you'll learn about the everyday life of a local.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of The New Territories Region In Hong Kong
- Expert Commentary local insights
- English-speaking Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of The New Territories Region In Hong Kong
- Food and drinks (if any)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions (if any)
- Personal expenses (expect to spend about $20 USD or $150 HKD for the duration of the tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved (around 5km), with some steep slopes to manage.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.