Meet your licensed tour guide at Tin Shui Wan MTR Station at 10am to begin your 4-hour private walking tour of the New Territories, including Ping Shan Heritage Trail which has been populated by the Tang people since the late Yuan dynasty (1271-1368), and Yuen Long District. New Territories is the area between urban Kowloon and Mainland China where close to 50% of the population lives. As such, you'll be missing a lot if you don't explore this area.
Among many of the attractions you will see include:
- Tsui Shing Lau Pagoda, Hong Kong's oldest pagoda
- Shrine of the Earth God, which protects villages and homes
- Sheung Cheung Wai, a 200-year-old walled village
- Yeung Hau Temple, dedicated to the deity Hau Wong
- Tang Ancestral Hall, where you'll learn about the importance of Ancestral worship in our Chinese culture
- Yu Kiu Ancestral Hall, a place where children of Ping Shan villages used to study
- Kun Ting Study Hall, an architecture that reflects beautiful craftsmanship
- Ching Shu Hin, an old guesthouse for scholars and prominent visitors
- Hung Shing Temple, popular among fisherman
- Old Ping Shan Police Station, a Grade II Historic Building
- Yuen Long District, a lively neighbourhood where you'll learn about the everyday life of a local.