Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of Varanasi Including The Golden Temple
OverviewThis is a 3 hour walking tour of the ancient city of Varanasi which showcases the best of this iconic destination.Walking around the Golden Temple areais unique due to this part of the city being the mostimportant cultural and financial area. The Golden Temple is the most important Shiva temple in all of India. On the way, you will also see historical mosques, hidden alleys, bazaars, ancient Varanasi building architecture, the world's biggest crematorium and local markets.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Instant Confirmation
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourYour tour guide will pick you up at either 6am,for the morning boat ride and walking tour option, or at4pm, for the walking tourand Ganga Arti ceremony, from your hotel in Varanasi and drive you to Assi Ghat.
From your starting point in Assi Ghat you will first visit theBangali Tola, the birthplace of Rani Laxmibai, the queen of the Jhansi State in the 1800's.
Then you will go toLonark Kund, a sacred pond in Varanasi where Hindu devotees come to worship, the city of Kurukshetra, and the Harischandra Ghat (Cremation Ghat) to watch the rituals of cremation.
Then, step into the narrow alleys full of life with their residents, businesses, temples, vegetable vendors, cows and bulls at the Kedar Ghat and the Dashaswamedh Ghat.
Take a break to have somem tea or lassi and some special snacks typical to Varanasi like chaat or other South Indian dishes..
After your break, visit the world-famous Vishwanath Temple or the Annapurna temple before enjoying your time walking down the narrow lanes of Vishwanath Gali, the area near the Golden temple, Khoya Gali and Kachori Gali.
You will walk towards the Mtillanikanka Ghat, also known as the burning ghat for cremation, to enjoy the traditional rituals before returning back to Dashaswamedh Ghat.
Inclusions for Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of Varanasi Including The Golden Temple
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off( By Guide) - No transportation cost included.
- Bottled water
- Snacks (Lassi/Tea)
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Half-Day Walking Tour Of Varanasi Including The Golden Temple
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Boat Ride
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Varanasi Evening Aarti Tour
- Early Morning Boat and Walk Tour
- Private Day Trip Varanasi and Sarnath with Boat Ride
- Varanasi Evening Walk Tour with Ganga Aarti
- Morning Boat Ride with Temples Tour
- Morning Heritage Walk of Varanasi with Manikarnika Ghat
- Classical Music Walking Tour in Varanasi
- Spiritual Varanasi tour