Private Halong Bay Sailing Cruise From Hanoi
OverviewSail around the stunning natural wonders of Halong Bay on this full-day tour from Hanoi, including a scenic round-trip drive through northern Vietnams rural landscapes. With thousands of gorgeous limestone cliffs jutting from its calm jade waters, the UNESCO World Heritage site offers spectacular scenery for a relaxing excursion. Step aboard a sailboat and enjoy a seafood lunch as you take in the magnificent scenery, stopping to explore karsts and caves such as Thien Cung (Heavenly Cave) and Dau Go (Driftwood Cave) with an experienced guide.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tour
The UNESCO World Heritage site of Halong Bay means dragon descending to the sea, named for a family of dragons said to have helped the Vietnamese people fend off invaders. According to legend, the dragons spit out gemstones that turned into the islets dotting the bay.
Start your full-day tour with an early morning departure from your hotel to Halong Bay, located approx. 100 miles (160 km) east of Hanoi. Relax on the 3- to 4-hour drive as your private guide points out the diversity of northern Vietnams villages, and enjoy the breathtaking view of green rice fields and fruit gardens during the journey.
Board your sailboat upon arrival and begin your cruise around the picturesque waters where the reflections of 3,000 limestone islets are mirrored against the clear and calm emerald sea, many of them containing fascinating grottoes. Visit Thien Cung, also known as Heavenly Cave, which can be reached on the southwest side of the bay through a sailing route shrouded on each side by thick foliage. As you stroll the wooden walkway and marvel at the unique rock formations inside, learn about the legend of the dragon prince from your guide.
Next, disembark at Dau Go grotto, located on Driftwood Island, and climb 90 steps up to the entrance. Inside, numerous stalactites descend from the caves ceiling like a frozen waterfall.
Enjoy a provided seafood lunch on board as you continue to experience the charm of Halong Bay, sailing around Dinh Huong (Incense Urn), Cho Da (Stone Dog) and Ga Choi (Fighting Roosters) rocky islets named for their animal shapes.
Weather permitting, you can opt to swim in the bay or rent a kayak (own expense).
In the late afternoon, sail back to shore and disembark for the drive back to Hanoi. Your full-day tour ends with a visit to Dong Trieu ceramic village en route to your hotel
Inclusions for Private Halong Bay Sailing Cruise From Hanoi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Halong Bay Sailing Cruise From Hanoi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Sunscreen, a hat, and comfortable shoes are recommended
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.