Visit the most notable attractions from Harlem must-see list such as the legendary Apollo Theatre the center of African-American music, the famous Strivers Row complex with its incredibly beautiful houses, the Abyssinian Baptist Church which is the heart of African-American confession, the Harlem Studio Museum where you can learn more about art history of Harlem, the sophisticated Shepard Hall, and one of the best restaurants to experience soul food in Harlem.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Start your Harlem adventure in the place imbued with the spirit of music. Since early 1900s the iconic Apollo Theatre has heard sounds of jazz, soul and other genres of African-American music and has seen such legendary singers as Ella Fitzgerald and Stevie Wonder. Touch the legend here!
Feel an aesthetic pleasure looking at elegant houses of Strivers Row. Sophisticated and bright, these houses are one of the highlights of Harlem architecture which will surely make you desire to live here.
Then you will see Harlem YMCA founded in 1932. It was one of the first YMCA's built for African-Americans which was a big accomplishment for Harlem community. Nowadays it provides a high-class service to make people’s lives better.
Shepard Hall is one of the components of very influential and famous New York City College which is known not only for its scientific achievements but also by extremely beautiful Campus built in Gothic style. Shepard Hall is a jewel of Campus: it will surely amaze you by its beauty, elegance, a great combination of dark and light colors and sophisticated ornaments.
The best place to explore African-American art is surely Harlem Studio Museum. Over 2000 exhibits, trendy cultural events and a high concentration of different art objects and famous artists make this museum the heart of Harlem art.
Do you agree that having a gastronomic experience is a must-do while exploring new places? Visit one of the most famous restaurants in Harlem – Sylvia’s Soul Food which met such guests as Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama. Authentic atmosphere and tasty food will make your visit unforgettable.
Feel the sacramental spirit of religious heart of Harlem. Taking its name after the old name of Ethiopia, Abyssinian Baptist Church is a religious center not only for Harlem but also for the whole African-American community.
Get excited while visiting the Hamilton Grange - the house where one of the Founding Fathers of USA Alexander Hamilton lived. Listen to interesting historic facts and explore the interior of this house which was declared the National Historic Landmark.
Inclusions for Private Harlem Tour In New York
- Private tour
- Friendly and professional local guide
- Hotel Pick-up
Exclusions for Private Harlem Tour In New York
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Private walking tour with the use of metro
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.