Private Harry Potter Filming Locations Tour In OxfordWrite a Review
How does studying at Oxford University compare with studying atÂ Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Find out on this private 90 minute to 2 hour walking tour of Harry Potter film sites in Oxford. A fun tour for Muggles of all ages, the guide will cater the tour according to everyone's interests so it is also a tour that is fun for adults who happen to be interested in learning about Oxford University heritage.
Know More about this tourFind your private guide dressed in Hogwarts cloak outside Oxford Visitor Information Centre. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to departure time. Unless you have packed broomsticks, the tour will be conducted on foot and you will see or visit inside various Oxford locations including two of the three Harry Potter film sites.
Find out on this tour about the main Harry Potter actors and the producers and J.K Rowling's decisions how to bring the much loved stories onto the screen. You will learn about how various incidents shaped the success of the stories and films but will also be introduced to other legendary literary characters and writers who are associated with Oxford, such as Lewis Carroll, J.R.R Tolkien and CS Lewis.
You may be also shown additional colleges but the Harry Potter film sites which are New College and the Divinity School, also the older part of the university's Bodleian Library. These venues normally charge an entry fee but these are included in your tour price.
Please note that unless you book a private group tour from October to May, this tour will only visit inside Christchurch, if you request this, when booking. This is because Christchurch can have queues taking an hour to get in and queues to see around plus it closes often, it costs up to £9 per person entry, has limited opening times to the dining hall and contrary to popular belief, Harry Potter was not filmed in its dining hall. Instead, they filmed the college staircase. It is therefore not a straightforward location for guided tours to and it's recommended that if you wish to visit it, you do so during your own free time. Christchurch dining hall is usually open from 10.30am-11.30am or from 2pm to 4.15pm.
Inclusions for Private Harry Potter Filming Locations Tour In Oxford
- Entrance fees to New College and the Divinity School at the Bodleian Library (approx. £5 value).
- If New college is closed, then instead we will visit inside Christchurch.
- If the Divinity School (at the Bodleian library) is closed, we will arrange an alternative college site to show you, which is not a Harry Potter film site.
- Dates of known partial or full closures of any of the film site venues is mentioned in 'Additional Details' and in 'Voucher Information'.
Exclusions for Private Harry Potter Filming Locations Tour In Oxford
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance to Christchurch College and Christchurch Dining Hall (normally £7-9 per person) is not normally included on this tour unless New college film site is closed on the date that you wish to book the tour. Dates of known closures are mentioned in 'Voucher Details' and in 'Additional Information'
- Although we do always enter the Divinity school of the Bodleian library (unless it is closed to public for special occasions), please note the tour does not visit inside the medieval library upstairs. In fact, no tour operators -local or otherwise- are permitted to take tours into the actual library, since it is a working copyright library
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Christchurch college entrance is not usually included on our Harry Potter tour (due to queues and the fact that contrary to common belief, it is NOT the Hogwarts dining hall film site anyway). Instead we usually visit New College (1379) and The Divinity School(1400s) at the Bodleian library, but if New college is closed, we would instead take you to Christchurch and include its entrance fees in your tour ticket booking.
If the local operator is aware of advance closures and therefore cannot provide access to the film site locations on a specific date, you will either be offered the tour at a revised start time or adjacent date or refunded in full or upon your agreement, you may be booked onto a different tour that is available.
If you book this tour on any day that the Divinity School film site is closed, the tour will run at 2:30pm instead, and will only visit inside New college film site and no other film sites. Possible visits to alternative colleges may be added.
Please note that on all of the following dates, New college will be closed, so a visit to Christchurch will be added instead of New College: Sat 28th Oct 2017, Sat 4th Nov 2017, Sat 9th Dec 2017.
Please note that on the following dates, the Divinity school will be closed & entry will be replaced with visit to a college such as Exeter college. These dates are: Mon Aug 28th, Tue Aug 29th, Wed Aug 30th, Thu Aug 31st, Fri Sep 1st.
While very rare, the film sites are private university and college venues, rare occasions they may suddenly close to the public without any advance notice