Private Helsinki Walking Tour: The Finnish Civil War 1918
OverviewQuickly after the declaration of independence in December 1917, internal tensions tore the country apart and the Finnish Civil War broke out. Everyone was divided into either the Red or White army. The Soviet Union was supporting the Reds and Germany supported the Whites. April 1918 was the turning point of the war. This private walking tour takes you to the decisive moments and reveals the human stories of that time. This was the only war that was fought on the streets of Helsinki. The marks of war are still visible throughout Helsinki.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThis private walking tour stars from the Mannerheim Statue in central Helsinki, right next to the Museum of Modern Art, Kiasma, at a time that has been pre-arranged between you and the guide. Hotel pickup close to the starting place can be also arranged on request.
The tour duration is approximately 2 hours. You will move on foot and part of the route includes stairs. The walking distance is not very long and doesn't require particular fitness. You will have a deep dive in the decisive part of Finnish history and the human fates of the most crucial two days of history of Helsinki. You can still see the marks of war from 1918 in Helsinki as you go on. This was the only war the Finns have had that was fought on the streets of Helsinki.
Tour is lead by a historian specialized on war history.
Inclusions for Private Helsinki Walking Tour: The Finnish Civil War 1918
- Tour led by a local historian
- Private walking tour
Exclusions for Private Helsinki Walking Tour: The Finnish Civil War 1918
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.