Private Heritage Mumbai Colaba Area Walking Tour With Transfer
OverviewThis tour commences with a walk from the yellow basalt stone to the Gateway of India. That is one of the most famous attractions of the city of Mumbai. It incurs a huge tourist turnover, all year round. The structure is an amalgamation of the Hindu and Muslim architectural styles. The arch has been constructed in the Muslim style, while the engravings, carvings and other decorations have done in the Hindu style of art. The Royal Taj Hotel proudly stands opposite the Gateway of India. This Hotel holds several memories of Mumbai and of the Taj Towers, whose architectural structure is a sight to behold.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourMorning our driver and guide will pick up from Hotel lobby at 9AM,. The tourists are taken to the Gateway of India and are dropped there. The Gateway of India, one of the most famous architectural structures of Mumbai pulls a lot of tourist attraction. Its construction bears witness of both the Muslim and Hindu styles of architecture.
The Royal Taj Hotel stands opposite the Gateway of India. This place is indeed a treasure trove of several invaluable memories of this heritage city and of the Taj Towers, which is amazing architectural structure in its own terms.
Then the walk proceeds towards the Regal Theater. This theater had been designed by Charles Stevens and the interior had been planned by Karl Schara. It opened in the year 1933, and Regal Cinema extended its name to Regal Circle and at that time it was the only Art Deco cinema present.
After that, the tourists are taken to view the Prince of Wales Museum from outside. This place had been designed by George Willet. The foundation stone had been laid in the year in the 1905 by the visiting Prince of Wales and it was completed in the year 1914.This walk continues to the Elphinstone College. This is found opposite to the museum. Its a 19th century, majestic Gothic-Victorian style university campus, complete with balconies, balustrades, gargoyles and turrets. Slightly further north of the college, on Mahatma Gandhi road itself, lies another building of historical importance.
Further down the road is the University of Bombay, which had been established in the year 1857 at the Town Hall. In the year 1874, it was shifted to the new complex near Oval Maidan. At present, this University is among the best ones in the country and ranked among the top 500 universities of the world.
The walk continues to the Flora Fountain. This fountain is a beautifully structured stone fountain, located in the Fort business district in the midst of South Mumbai. Its heritage architecture, constructed by the AgriHorticultural society of Western India.
After viewing the fountain, the walk proceeds to the Victoria Terminus Railway Station, which is now known as the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, which carries a lot of Historic importance and at present is the headquarters of the Central Railways. This 19th century architecture built with both structural and technical brilliance was considered as a UNESCO World Heritage List on 2nd July, 2004.
After all the tiring walking, the next lap is on taxi. The tourists are on a short taxi ride for about 2 kms for 10 minutes, from the VT station to a small cafe, with a nostalgic aura, Cafe Samovar, which is located in the Jehangir Art Gallery.
After the relaxing break of snacks at the Samovar Cafe, the tourists are taken back to their respective Hotels.
Inclusions for Private Heritage Mumbai Colaba Area Walking Tour With Transfer
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Heritage Mumbai Colaba Area Walking Tour With Transfer
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
This tour is only for Adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cities and Religious Diversity: Touring Faiths in Mumbai
- The Jewish Heritage of Mumbai
- A Street Food Tour of Mumbai
- A Tour of Dharavi in Mumbai
- Viewing of Traditional Dance Performance Including Lunch with Dancers
- Private Market Tour and Cooking Lesson in a Local Home in Andheri West Mumbai
- Private 4-Hour Tour of Mumbais Tastiest Local Foods
- Private Mumbai Tour: Mumbai Walking Tour with Half Day City Tour