OverviewIf you are looking for an easy adventure activity, this day trip is your best option. Escape the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu and explore the countryside. Witness how the local villages along the trail still remain unchanged and exhibit their traditional countryside lifestyle albeit being so close to the city.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Kathmandu at around 8am. you will drive to Sankhu, which is approximately an hour away from Kathmandu Valley.
Upon arrival, you will visit Newari city to see Salinadi Temple and the Bajra Yogini Temple, representing the eldest of the four tantric goddesses, which was built around the 17th century. Religiously, it became famous since the 4th century for Hindus and Buddhist devotees. Visit the local Newari town then continue walking along many patches of jungles. Walk an uphill trail through scattered local mountain villages and farmlands to Nagarkot. This hike would take a minimum of 3.5 to 4 hours.
Arrive in Nagarkot in the afternoon where you will enjoy an authentic lunch. After lunch, visit the Nagarkot Tower. Nagarkot is a hill station from where you can see a great panorama of mountains over 2100 meters tall. One could see the breathtaking views of the major Himalayan peaks of Nepal like Manaslu, Ganesh, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, sisa pagma, Choyu, Gauri Shankar. On a clear crystal day, one can even see the tip of Mt. Everest (8848 m) range.
Drive 15 minutes to reach Telkot from Nagarkot and hike towards Changu Narayan, a UNESCO World Heritage monument listed in 1979. It is said to have been built by King Hari Dutta in 323 AD. Your hike to Changu Narayan trails gradually descends through the terraced fields to Tamang Village. Here, local wine making is pretty common throughout the year.
At Changu Narayan, a vehicle will be waiting to transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Hiking Day Trip From Kathmandu To Nagarkot And Changu Narayan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Hiking Day Trip From Kathmandu To Nagarkot And Changu Narayan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Youth or seniors must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.